The yellow glowing Baked Macaroni and Cheese dish is amongst those dishes which are cherished by people of all age group. The classic Baked Macaroni & Cheese recipe is a one-dish meal that can instantly hit the cheesy craving of taste buds. The easy to make dish is delicious and rich with flavour of cheese which is a wonder to eat. The preparation is simple and quick, all you require is to boil pasta and make the cheese sauce paste. To make the sauce, simply melt butter, whisk the flour in butter, combine the cheese and stir well.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
When you are longing to have something cheesy and your tummy needs little comfort with food but you’re short on time, you can try this cheesy baked pasta dish. It gets ready within an hour and you can instantly satisfy your hunger for cheese. The recipe for Baked Macaroni and Cheese is easy to follow and gets prepared in few simple steps. For all the cheese lovers, follow the recipe to rejoice its exotic flavours.
You can tweak with the traditional way to make the mac & cheese macaroni and give it the touch of your personalised flavors. You may mix in various veggies of your choice, combine your favourite cheese variety and pair it with the delicious topping. The trick here is to make the cheese sauce with perfect consistency. Once you made the sauce, then you just have to mix the pasta and bake it. There are a lot of versatile methods to make this one meal star dish at home, you may choose to follow the one you prefer.
- The Recipe for Baked Macaroni and Cheese requires approximately takes 40-50 minutes to cook.
- There is flexibility in the type of cheese you want to use. You may also add vegetables or meat according to your preference.
- You may prefer to have to cheese sauce of thin consistency rather than thick. You can be flexible with the texture and taste of the white cheese sauce.
- You can also add different vegetables in the recipe to make the Veg Baked Mac & Cheese Pasta. Cook the veggies separately and combine them in the step when you mix the pasta with the white sauce.
- For the extra flavours, add in paprika or red peppers or cayenne peppers. You can also mix the bay leaf in your sauce while cooking and remove it later.
- If you like the taste of corn (which is sweet), then add finely chopped sweet corns to your white cheese sauce.
- You can make the same dish with the Red Pasta Sauce.
- Do not buy the shredded cheese from the market, always get the cheese and grate it at home before you want to use it.
Serve hot the delicious baked macaroni and cheese with garlic bread along with a soft drink. Also, pair this cheesy macaroni with any healthy salad having veggies such as Cucumber, Lettuce, Tomato, Olives, and Onion. You may even have it with the tomato ketchup.
Drizzle various sauces like Honey Mustard, Chipotle South West, and Red Chili to enhance the flavours of your macaroni.
Garnish the cheesy baked macaroni dish with:
- Cilantro Leaves
- Cheddar Orange Cheese
- Try to sprinkle the Oregano and the chilli flakes for the seasoning of the pasta.
- Instead of various spice powders, you can use the Italian Seasoning which is the ready-mix of herbs.
- For the weekend brunch, have it with juice.
- If you want to keep your mac & cheese hot, then cover the tray with aluminium foil.
|50 minutes||3 to 4 people||600 calories|
For the quick version of the recipe check here:
Simply cook the pasta in the warm salted water. Then, heat the milk and add the butter. In this paste, mix the cooked pasta and season it with salt. You can sprinkle some herbs and spice powders if you want. Mix everything well and add the shredded cheese. Stir well for 5 minutes and switch off the flame. You can eat the pasta as they are or keep for baking. This recipe gets prepare instantly when compared with the use of flour.
There are few tips to keep in mind while you making the cheese sauce for the first time:
- During the entire cooking of the sauce, you flame should be on low.
- Refrain from making the sauce in the thin bottomed sauce pan. If you do so, then there are chances for your flour or milk to burn.
- Do not use the hot milk for adding to the sauce, as it will form lumps.
- It is crucial to keep stirring or whisking the sauce continuously.
- If your sauce has become thick and you want thin consistency, then add water or hot milk. And if your sauce is too thin and you desire thick consistency, then mix in some flour.
- Always combine cheese to the sauce in the last and when your saucepan is not on the flame.
This is such kind of dish, which you can make and freeze it to have it later. When your sauce is ready and your pasta is cooked, fold them evenly with each other. Pack in a zip-lock or transfer to a covered bowl and refrigerate it. When you want to eat it, take out from the fridge and bake it or microwave it for few minutes. In the case you are making this recipe before the time, you may need to add a little milk before you keep for the baking.
It gives delight of an amazing goodness of cheese and creamy sauce. It is a dish with high calories and high taste. The really easy to make and delicious cheese & mac is full of vitamins and proteins. The addition of different fibre rich veggies makes it a tummy filling dish with a good source of calcium. For the kick of spice, add some red peppers and chillies. You can choose any cheese your like or various types of cheeses you like along with the fresh veggies like broccoli and chopped tomatoes. You may top the layer of pasta with the plain bread crumbs or with the garlic bread crumbs. There are many endless possibilities of making this dish, Use the steps of the basic dish for preparing the pasta and give the twist to the sauce in a many ways.
The simplicity of the dish makes it suitable for beginners of cooking. Anyone can make it with ease and enjoy. Pair this comfort food with a hot soup in appetiser and a side salad to round this dish for a complete meal.
Cook, Eat and Relish!