The sweet and delicious Banana Appam is a famous South Indian sweet snack recipe. These crispy banana fritters are prepared with ripe bananas, Jaggery and rice flour. Apart from these core ingredients, chopped coconut is used for granulated texture and mild taste. The flavouring agents like cardamom powder and cumin powder are also added. This is an easy to follow Banana Appam Recipe. Even if you are trying the sweet appam for the first time, do not worry! Try it once, it would taste delicious.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
- You can buy the appapatram pan here.
- You can use Jaggery powder if you have it.
- If you are not using coconut in the recipe, you can skip the steps with coconut.
- Use thick bottom hard anodized saucepan for this recipe. It will help you control the heat.
- You can either use black or while til depending on what you have.
- You can also skip using baking soda. But adding it will improve the taste and eating experience.
- You can bake this banana appam. Add 2 tbsp. of coconut oil in batter and mix. Bake till they are golden.
- The banana appam batter can be stored in the fridge. It would stay good for a day.
- You can use blender and make a banana puree instead of mashing the bananas.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Serve Banana appams with tomato ketchup or any type of dip.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves over them when serving.
- You can even apply Chaat masala for giving it desi touch.
- I also like appams with the spicy vegetable Sambar.
- But as banana appam is a sweet appam, I prefer it with coconut chutney or coriander chutney.
Get Recipes in your inbox