The Bharwan Bhindi in the literal sense means the stuffed okra. There is no rocket science in the Bharwan Bhindi Recipe. Though the spicy and aromatic Bhindi with a modern twist is an excellent side serve, it can be experimented to have it even as a complete dish. Various restaurants these days have altered their menu and have started serving it the form of a starter.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The sprinkle of spice powders and other Indian condiments adds flavorful zest to the Bhindi dish. The sour Bhindi can be made tangy and tarty with an addition of lemon juice. The pungent aroma of sautéed onions and the garlic cloves spreads all over the surrounding area. Mixing the ginger garlic paste in the stuffing gives it a strong taste.
You can combine other powders and modify the stuffing according to the taste that suits your palates. The moderation has to be light and must not overpower the original taste of Bhindi, as it is the main hero. The other ingredients should contribute to the making of the dish and not ruin the base of the dish. The extraordinary flavors of the fried Bhindi with the spicy stuffing are outrageously tasty.
However way you make the Bharwan Bhindi Recipe, whichever ingredients you choose, the final taste and texture will take your heart away. This is one of the richest dishes which can be made from the simple Bhindi. This traditional Indian food dish can be prepared during any time and any season but there is a different delight to have it in summers with the chilled curd.
- The Bharwan Bhindi Recipe gets prepared in one hour.
- It is best to choose the small size Bhindi for the faster cooking.
- Avoid Bhindi to become sticky while it is being cooked.
- You can reduce or increase the proportion of any ingredient but keep the quantity of oil fixed.
- Keep the flame medium or high, so that Bhindi does not get overcooked. It should remain soft.
- Even when you turn off the flame, let the Bhindi rest in the pan so that it can get a crunchy texture.
- The stuffing used for this recipe can be prepared in advanced or can be used in future.
- Refrain from adding water when using Bhindi. Also use the fresh condiments.
- You can also add spices of your choice and do a variation with a number of ingredients used.
- Coriander Leaves
- White Cream
- Start to stuff the Bhindi only after it has completely dried.
- Addition of Amchur Powder gives the Bhindi tangy and sour taste. If you do not have mango powder, then squeeze in little more lime juice.
- It is a non-spicy Punjabi subzi with mild flavors. If you want to make it spicy, then increase the proportion of red chili powder or green chilies.
- If you want you make the paste of all spices and then stuff in the Bhindi.
The Bharwan Bhindi Recipe is nothing but the Bhindi stuffed with spicy tempering. It mainly needs Bhindi with other condiments and herbs. It is simple to cook at home and can be served as a spicy dish. You can make this recipe in the microwave as well if you do not want to make it in the pan. To prepare the Bharwan Bhindi in the recipe, you have to first take the microwave tray or a bowl. Apply some oil over the dried Bhindi, make the stuffing of the veggies and spices, then fill in the slit cut Bhindi. Place the stuffed Bhindi’s in the tray or the bowl and cover it will the microwave lid. Keep the tray safely in the microwave for around 5 to 10 minutes depending on the type of microwave you are using. Keep checking the tray and when it’s cooked, take the tray out. You can sprinkle some water over the veggies before you keep them for baking. If you cook your Okra in the microwave, there is an added benefit that the stuffed onion filling will not come out of the Bhindi.
For the Jain Version of this Recipe for Bharwan Bhindi, simply make it onion-garlic free. Also do not add the crushed garlic. You can add more of Hing which will replicate the taste and flavors of these skipped ingredients.
If Bhindi is your favorite ingredient then you may be interested in interested in learning how to cook Bhindi Do Pyaza at home. Also the combination of Dahi with the Bhindi makes the delicious subzi Dahi Bhindi which is a treat to eat. If you like the creamy Okra combine with tomato-bases gravy then you must definitely try to make the delicious restaurant style Bhindi Masala Gravy at home.
There are many ways in which you can cook the Bhindi at home and enjoy its delicious taste. You can either make it whole, chop it in small pieces and use it with other veggies or make its own Bhindi subzi. You may also shallow fry or deep fry these tasty Bhindi. Stuffing the Bhindi with the other fresh vegetables and the paste of spice powders is a popular food of the North India. Not only Bhindi, the people there generally prefer to roast any other vegetable and stuff it with spicy filling.
For the Bhindi to taste flavorful and release fragrant aroma, you need to be cautious about few things related to Bhindi. Whenever you start cooking with the Bhindi, make sure that it is not wet. Even a few droplets of water over the surface of Bhindi can ruin the texture and taste of the dish. Whenever you are using the spice powders with the Bhindi, it is always recommended to use the fresh and homemade spices. The Bhindi will reduce in size after it’s cooked so always choose the quantity appropriately. Also, once cooked, check the seasoning and taste. If you feel the need of any spice powder or salt then add it after it is completely cooked and give a final stir.