Wondering about the sweet that balances health and taste? The Coconut Ladoo Recipe with condensed milk can be your best savior in such times of sanity. It is easy to follow and quick to make the recipe with the availability of two main ingredients which are condensed milk and coconut. The merging of ingredients creates the smooth and lump free mixture which makes Ladoo instantly melt in the mouth. It is a simple and an easy sweet dish recipe which can be made at home in a jiffy. It needs coconut as the main ingredient with milk and cardamom. The quick preparation of this Ladoo makes is favorable for all occasions.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The Coconut Ladoo Recipe is simple and easy. The main ingredient is coconut with milk and cardamom. The quick preparation makes is favorable for all.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe Ingredients:
- Condensed Milk – ¾ cup
- Boiled Milk – ½ cup
- Mawa – ½ cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 ½ cups
- Desiccated Coconut – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
- Rose Water – ½ tsp.
- Lime Juice – ¼ tsp.
- Saffron Threads – a pinch
- Tutti-Frutti – ½ tsp.
- Almonds – ¼ cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Cashews – ¼ cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp. (Pure Cow Ghee)
Note: Condensed milk can be prepared at home. You can use either fresh or frozen coconut. If you want, you can add the spoon of lemon squash rather than lemon juice.
Coconut Ladoo Recipe Steps:
- Roughly chop the dry fruits.
- Boil Milk:
- In a steamer or a stockpot, heat the condensed milk over the medium flame.
- Now simmer with milk and stir continuously till it reaches the boiling point.
- Add lime juice in parts.
- Let the milk curdle entirely.
- Cool till it becomes thick.
- Strain the whey.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Coconut Paste:
- In the mixture or grinder, add the grated coconut with the cooled milk.
- Sprinkle sugar, saffron thread, rose water and the cardamom seeds.
- Grind it to form a smooth paste.
Note: Do not over boil the milk.
Just like coconut paste, there is similarity of preparation in the coconut chutney, with the sweets ingredients being replaced by the spice powders.
- Take a non-stick pan and melt the ghee over the low flame.
- Take the Mawa and keep it in this heated pan.
- Change the stove knob to the medium flame and cook.
- Keep the gas on and cook till it becomes brown in color.
- Gradually, it would leave the sides of the pan and become as one mass.
- This time, add the coconut paste and again cook.
- It should become one dough, leaving the side edges of the pan.
- Keep stirring well for the 5 minutes without stopping in between.
- Transfer the Mawa to the bowl and let it rest for some time.
- Take another pan and heat the ghee.
- To this pan sauté the grated fresh coconut.
- This will take off the moisture from the coconut.
- Stir and saute on the medium flame for 5 minutes.
- While you cook the coconut, make sure that you do not burn them. Wait till they become brown.
- Now add the milk and stir well.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder over this mixture.
- When you find the mixture has become thick, then stop cooking.
- In another bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the desiccated coconut.
- Add the tutti-frutti and the other chopped dry fruits.
- Now pour in the boiled milk into the dry mixture.
- Once you mix the boiled condensed milk with the dry ingredients properly, then combine the Mawa.
- Also, add the warm coconut milk mixture into this bowl.
- Once it is warm, knead the dough to make one mass.
- Knead well and let the mixture come together.
- Grease your palm with the ghee or butter and start making small balls.
- These small round balls that you rolled with hands are known as “Ladoo”.
- Spread the desiccated dry coconut over the kitchen working area and roll these Ladoo over it.
- Take the cupcake or muffin liner, and place Ladoo in them.
- Refrigerate them for at least one hour before serving.
- Decorate the top of Ladoo with sliced pistachio.
And the Creamy Coconut Ladoo are ready to take the delicious bite!
Note: Refrain from keeping dough mixture on flame for a long time.
Calories: 174 calories
- Total Time: PT15M
- Date Published: 2016-09-22
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The charm of these delicious and sweet coconut Ladoo lies in the subtle combination of grated coconut with the sweet condensed milk. The addition of Mawa gives the sweet a creamy texture and rolling of balls over desiccated coconut makes the surface of Ladoo rough. The amount of the sugar can be adjusted according to the health factor and is also flexible to be replaced with cubes of Jaggery.
For the Ladoo to be white, it depends on a lot on the quality of sugar and freshness of coconut. Whereas, there is no relevance with the gauge of each of these ingredients. If you want them to be orange then add more saffron and if you want to be pinkish, then more of add rose water. In the end result, it’s not the color but the taste that leaves the impression. And the saccharine taste of these sweet Ladoo is highly satisfactory.
While you desiccate the coconut, take precaution to use only the inner white portion. But if you want to try a different variation, then grate the outer brown part. However you choose to use either the parts or single white portion, your sweet Ladoo is going to be extremely delicious. Whether a festival or any special occasion, serve these Ladoo of coconut and take away the appraisal.
- The Coconut Ladoo Recipe requires 15 minutes to assemble and make at home.
- The measure proportion of ingredients quantifies to make it for 10 people. You can increase or decrease as per the number of serving.
- If you are using fresh coconut, then use less milk.
- You can add more condensed milk, milk or sugar for the better taste.
- To have only white color, skip using saffron. It adds orange color.
- To make soft Ladoo, always prefer using fresh coconut and try not to lose much moisture.
- The prepared Ladoo can be kept in airtight container and stored in the fridge.
Serve the Coconut Ladoo as the delicate sweet dish with a complete meal. Garnish the circular surface of Ladoo with:
If you are looking for more Ladoo recipes then you can even try to make Til Ladoo, Boondi Ladoo, Malai Ladoo, Atta Ladoo, Motichoor Ladoo, Rava Ladoo, and various other types of Ladoo which can be made from different ingredients along with milk and cream.
There are various other dishes made from coconut such as Coconut Rice, Coconut juice, Coconut Pudding, Coconut Cake, Coconut Barfi, Coconut Chikki, Coconut Soup, Coconut Raita, and much more.