The roasted Rava Ladoo Recipe comes with a bundle of flavors and fragrance. Their magnificent taste creates magical melody inside the mouth. The delicious taste of Suji Ladoo is tongue teasing and creamy texture is mouthwatering. The sole ingredient in the batter of Rava Ladoo is the Rava, i.e. Semolina itself. The soft texture of the Ladoo is not reliable on the consistency of the sugar syrup. We skip making the syrup in this recipe as it is not required and instead add sugar explicitly.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Desserts
Description: The Rava Ladoo Recipe is quick and easy sweet dish recipe. It needs roasted semolina to be mixed with other ingredients. Make today and enjoy its taste!
Rava Ladoo Recipe Ingredients:
- Mawa – ½ cup
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Almonds – ¼ cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Cashews – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Lime Juice – ¼ tsp.
- Condensed Milk – ½ cup
- Boiled Milk – ¾ cup
- Rava / Semolina – 1 cup
- Desiccated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
Note: Condensed milk can be prepared at home. You can use either fresh or frozen coconut.
Rava Ladoo Recipe Steps:
- Roughly chop the dry fruits. Roast them well.
- Boil Milk:
- Take a steamer or a stockpot and on the stove.
- Heat the condensed milk over the medium flame.
- Now start to simmer the milk.
- Stir continuously till it reaches the boiling point.
- Add lime juice if you want.
- Wait till the milk curdle entirely.
- Keep it to cool down so that it become thick.
- Strain the whey.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Note: Do not over boil the milk or else it would be spoilt.
- Take a non-stick pan and melt the ghee over the low flame.
- Take the Mawa and keep it in this heated pan.
- Change the stove knob to the medium flame and cook.
- Keep the gas on and cook till it becomes brown in color.
- Gradually, it would leave the sides of the pan and become as one mass.
- Keep this crumbled khoya in a small bowl.
- Now again, take the saucepan and melt the ghee.
- Add the Suji or Rava into this pan and roast it well.
- Stir well so that Rava roasts nicely.
- Wait till it changes color and becomes fragrant.
- Do not turn it to brown but keep it crumbly and light.
- Add the chopped cashews, almonds, walnuts and raisins.
- Cook till these dry fruits become slightly brown in color.
- Add ghee and wait till it start releasing from the sides.
- Cook this mixture on the flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add the desiccated coconut to this mixture and again let the mixture cook.
- Wait till the desiccated coconut roasts properly in the pan.
- Once it is cooked, add the roasted Mawa mixture you prepared.
- It means that you have to mix the crumbled khoya with the roasted semolina.
- Now sprinkle the sugar and the cardamom powder over this mixture and mix well.
- Add the roasted raisins, almonds, walnuts and cashews.
- Now add the milk in parts and stir well.
- When you find the mixture has become thick, then stop cooking.
- Once the entire milk is absorbed and sugar has dissolved, let it settle.
- Again mix the condensed milk with the dry ingredients properly, then combine the Mawa.
- Once it is warm, knead the dough to make one mass.
- Knead well and let the mixture come together.
- Grease your palm with the ghee or butter and start making small balls.
- Take the portion of the mixture and form the balls when it is hot.
- These small round balls that you rolled with hands are known as “Ladoo”.
- Take the cupcake or muffin liner, and place Ladoo in them.
- Decorate the top of Ladoo with sliced dry fruits.
And the Rava Ladoo are ready to be served!
Note: The Ladoo batter must be consistent and even.
Calories: 303 calories
- Total Time: PT30M
- Serves: 10
- Date Published: 2016-09-26
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The recipe needs only few handful of ingredients to make Ladoo at home. Here, the Rava is roasted properly in ghee until the raw smell vanishes a then combined with fresh milk to form a thick paste-like Ladoo mixture. The addition of the dry fruits gives the nutty aroma and crunchy feel. And the mixing of grated coconuts enhances the mild taste of mixture. Smartly adjust the proportion of sugar and condensed milk to balance the sweetness of the Ladoo.
A sprinkle of the cardamom powder spreads the wonderful whiff in the whole Ladoo mixture. Finally rolling them with desiccated coconuts helps to bind into a proper circular shape. There is a beautiful blend of ingredients which releases yummy flavors. You can adjust the proportion of ingredients based on taste and health factors. So all you need is Suji, ghee, nuts, cardamom seeds and coconut in two forms.
You can witness the celebration of festivals in every Maharashtrian house with the start of making these Ladoo. The best part to prepare these Ladoo at home is they get cooked instantly within almost no time. The set of ingredients are ready and the necessary preparation is done, then assembling into shape is done in a fraction of seconds. Cook this delectable sweet at home and get compliments from everyone who eats it. It is usually served during Diwali and various other festive occasions.
- The Rava Ladoo Recipe requires 30 minutes to assemble and make at home.
- The measure proportion of ingredients quantities to make it for 10 people. You can increase or decrease as per the number of serving.
- You can add more condensed milk, milk or sugar for the better taste.
- The prepared Ladoo can be kept in airtight container and stored in the fridge. This way they remain edible for almost a week. They will be spoilt if you keep at room temperature.
One you have followed the Rava Ladoo Recipe and they are cooked, now its time ot serve. Pair it with either a glass of milk or any Indian meal. Garnish the circular surface of Ladoo with:
- Sliced Pistachio
- Cardamom Seeds
- Chopped Cashews
- Raw Raisins
- Saffron Strands
- Chopped Almond