The Fruit Raita Recipe is a dip made of fresh fruits and thick curd (yogurt). The dip has the variety of fruits, which provides a fun-loving compliment to a complete Indian meal dish. This popular dessert dip shows synchronization between healthy and delicious fruits.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The harmony in the dip between the various seasonal and evergreen fruits is healthy. There is perfect companionship between taste of sweet fruits and sour yogurt. The more is the variety of colorful fruits, more beautiful the dish looks. The delicious dip of juicy and flavorful fruits tastes yummy.
The preparation of the fruit dip is easy and simple. It simply requires mixing of the ingredients provided thick curd is available and fruits are already chopped. The Curd is calcium rich and diced fruits are nutritious, which makes dip hearty.
Apart from eating it as the dip with supper, it is also served as a dessert dish in the functions. The fruit raita can also go well in days when you are on fast. Typically, the dish is mom’s favorite, as it contains lots of vitamins in one dish. Enjoy the diverse flavors of mixed fruits in one bowl.
- The Fruit Raita Recipe gets ready instantly within 10 minutes.
- You can serve the Raita without keeping in fridge, but the chiller the Raita, the better it tastes.
- Use spice powders like Chaat masala, chili powder or mango powder. If you want spicier, then add 1 piece of green chili.
- Add little water or milk if the curd it too thick.
- Adjust the proportion of cumin powder, black pepper, sugar and salt according to the quantity of curd.
- Refrain to use pulpy and ripe fruits.
- Mushy fruits can spoil the taste of Raita.
- Avoid keeping chopped apples and banana idle for long time.
- Do not use the syrup or the juicy of these fruits in the Fruit Raita.
- This recipe is similar to the preparation of Fruit Salad, except that the fresh fruits are dipped in whisked curd with the spices.
The Raita can be served with regular meal or any spicy rice dish. Fill the serving bowls with the chilled Raita and garnish it with:
- Chopped Dry Fruits
- Chopped Fruits
- Saffron Strands
- You can add both sugar and salt as per your preference. If you want sweet curd dish then use more sugar whereas if you want sour curd Raita, then add more salt.
- If like the spicy Raita, then you can add other spice powders of your choice as well.
- There is no fixed choice of the fruits for this Raita. You may use any of your favorite fruits or even combine the various fruits.
- Do not use unripe fruits but also refrain from adding fruits which are extra ripe.
- For the nutty flavors and the crunchy texture, you can mix in the chopped dry fruits or their powder.
|10 minutes||3 to 4 people||150 calories|
The sour taste of yogurt blends beautifully with the sweet taste of fruits. So this Yogurt based dish has both the flavors of sourness and sweetness in it. This delicious, yummy, sweet and tasty Fruit Raita is one of the best accompaniment to have with the Indian meals. This easy to prepare and quick to serve fruit dish is amongst the simplest dessert dishes to make for the small parties or occasions.
This easy, yummy, healthy and quick to make Raita from mixed fruit can also be considered a Yogurt dip. The curd not only provides the cooling effect to our body but it is also a powerhouse of calcium. It is important that we take small portion of curd in our daily intake of food. One small cup of Fruit Raita ensure the presence of curd in our body. It would thus maintain the level of calcium through one of the yummiest and tastiest way. Having curd in any form also improves our digestion power. This sweet and delicious Raita will make up for the balance of sweetness in the sour Curd.
You can flavor this dip of fresh fruits as per taste suitable to your taste palates. You can also be flexible with the fruits used in making of this fruit dip. Apart from the basic fruits available, you can any seasonal fruits as well. Even the proportion of spice powders, condiments and herbs is based on your personal choice. This recipe can also be made for the special days when you are fasting. If you are making for that purpose then skip adding regular salt.
If you have the fresh, frozen or canned fruits at home, then you can quickly make the Fruit Raita. You would also require the fresh curd which is the core ingredients of all the riata recipe. To make the fruit Raita or any other type of Raita from various ingredients, the first thing which you have to do is to blend or whisk the fresh heavy Curd. You can do this with the help of whisker or hand blender till the texture of the Curd becomes smooth. If you think the consistency of the Curd is thick, then make it thin by adding extra water. Secondly, you have wash and clean all the fruits you are using for this Raita. Once the fruits are rinsed, chop them in medium size cubes. Then add these fruits in the curd along with the sprinkle of spice powders and herbs you are using. Check the taste of the Raita, season it with salt and gently stir it with spoon. Garnish with your favorite colored fruit and keep the Raita to chill.
Mix fruit Raita recipe is a Yogurt based dish which is healthy and tasty to have. This homemade colorful and flavorful variety of Riata which made from fresh seasonal fruits is extremely nutritious. The recipe of Cucumber Raita is again a very simple, tasty, quick to make and a cooling dish for hot summer. Whichever Raita you chose to make at home, it’s always going to be a very easy and quick. This is because the preparation of all these different Raita is nearly same with the only change in the core ingredient. If you want to make more different raita, then you can check Boondi Raita, Onion Raita, Tomato Raita, Mixed Vegetable Raita or Pineapple Raita.
Mixed fruit Raita is a yummy, tasty, spicy, healthy and tummy filling Curd recipe. Its preparation uses the chilled curd combined with the mixed fruits like apple, banana, mango, pineapple, pomegranate, and strawberry. If you have all these different fresh fruits in your kitchen, then you might be interested in checking other recipes from fruits. Another very popular recipe of mixed fruits with custard powder is called as Fruit Custard. Learn how to make Fruit Custard at Home by following its simple and easy recipe. If you like the chatpata taste, then you can prepare fruit chaat with the sprinkle of all the spice powders you like. If you are looking for the healthy snacks to make at home, then you can try to bake the Fruit Cake. You can have this healthy, tasty and delicious cake with your evening tea.