Anytime is the right time when you are planning to treat your taste buds. Along with your taste palates, also treat your health by including eggless banana bread in your diet chart. It is light snack with wholesome nutrients and powerhouse of fiber. The eggless Banana Bread Recipe is simple and it only requires to assemble few ingredients for the batter to be baked in the baking pan.
Eggless Banana Bread
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: Desserts
Description: The instructions for the Eggless Banana Bread Recipe are simple. It is a light and healthy snack made from fresh bananas and whole wheat flour.
Eggless Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- Ripe Bananas – 4 medium sized
- Banana Puree – 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar – ¾ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – ¾ cup
- All-purpose Flour – ¾ cup
- Melted butter – 4 tbsp.
- Vanilla Powder – ½ tsp.
- Nutmeg Powder – 3 pinches
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp.
- Cinnamon Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Chocolate Chips – ½ cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Vanilla Essence – ¼ tsp.
- Apple Sauce – ½ cup.
- Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Walnuts – ½ cup
Note: Over-ripe bananas will also be useful. If you can substitute applesauce with cranberry sauce.
Eggless Banana Bread Recipe Steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Bread Flour:
- Sift the whole wheat flour and the all purposed flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the baking powder in the same bowl.
- Also, add the baking soda.
- Mix the strained ingredients properly and also add salt as per the taste.
- Set this bowl aside for some time for ingredients to rest.
- Rinse the bananas.
- Peel their skin.
- You may grate or slice in big pieces.
- Add the sliced chopped banana to the mixing bowl.
- Mash them with hands. Get the consistency.
- Add the mashed bananas to the blender and blend well.
- Transfer from blender to the bowl.
- In this one bowl, add banana puree with sugar and oil.
- Sprinkle the vanilla powder.
- Also, stir in the vanilla essence and the apple sauce.
- Stir until the sugar dissolved and the ingredients are mixed.
- Avoid the lumps in the mixture.
- To make it smooth, add the melted butter and whisk.
Note: You can also heat at 160 degrees C for 45 minutes.
- Mix the banana puree to the bowl of sieved flour.
- Now add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and banana puree in the bowl.
- Stir the mixture well to season evenly with the banana puree.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Mix well the ingredients, fold the two sets of ingredients properly.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts and the chocolate chips in the mixture.
- Fold the mixture of sieved flour nicely with few drops of vanilla essence.
- The whole bread mixture should be evenly folded.
- Now at this point, add the sunflower seeds and fold again.
- This will make the perfect, smooth and even bread batter.
- Butter and grease the loaf pan.
- Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Scrape the bread batter from the sides and add it to the pan.
- Tap both the sides of the pan, so that the air bubbles are released.
- Bake the bread in oven until the surface becomes fluffy and lightly brown. It should bounce back when pinched with a toothpick.
- Remove the bread from the baking oven when it has achieved deep golden brown texture.
- Keep the tray of loaf pan over the wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the bread has become warm, trim the uneven top layer.
And the nutritious, delicious and fabulous banana bread is ready!
Note: Always serve the bread warm.
Calories: 183 calories
- Total Time: PT45M
- Serves: 4
- Date Published: 2016-09-08
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
When urging for a kick start, what better could be there than the wonderful plate of food rich in the Fibers? It is a powerhouse of nutrients! The sprinkle of the dry fruits and chocolate chips in the batter of the bread makes it extremely delicious. Whereas the abundance use of banana and its puree enriches the nutritious value.
The ingredients required are handy to have and you can start baking with an instant thought of having banana bread. The key here is to maintain the moist texture of the bread and retain the softness even without eggs. The banana bread is healthy to have unlike the normal white bread, which we usually avoid.
If you are new to baking then this one might be a bit tricky as we are not using eggs which in many ways eases the recipe. Follow the instructions step by step or rather letter by letter to avoid any loss in the softness and the texture of the bread. So worry not and plan to serve your kids with this healthy snack. Have it for breakfasts or eat it with evening tea.
- The Eggless Banana Bread recipe requires nearly 45 minutes to cook.
- Banana controls bold pressure and makes digestion easy.
- You can adjust the proportion of sugar according to your personal level of health and preference.
- It is advisable to not buy the tin of Banana Puree and make fresh.
- The bread can be boxed and remains edible for a week if stored in the fridge.
- Due to the use of oil, bread becomes solid when refrigerated. Thus to make it soft and bouncy, we always prefer to warm it.
- You can increase the quantity of baking soda if you want to skip using baking powder.
- To enhance nutritional value, add any dry fruit of your choice.
- A rare suggestion here would be to add Chia Seeds if available.
Cut the pieces of banana bread loaf and eat it with any hot beverage. Garnish the bread piece with:
- Cinnamon Topping
- Cheese Frosting / Cream Swirls
- Caramel / Golden Syrup