Masala papad recipe is a famous Indian starter. It is basically a fried papad on which a mixture of onion and tomatoes and spices is spread. Though it a simple dish but very tasty. This masala papad dish holds a very important place in the starter section of the menu. I know some restaurants which serve masala papad as a complimentary starter.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The good thing about this dish is that the ingredients required are less. Even you can change the proportion of veggies and spices according to your taste. Once you have this papad dish you will always want more. This is because it is going leave a blast of taste in your mouth.
The only precaution you need to take is that the papad has to be served immediately as soon as it is assembled otherwise it will become soggy. When we go to a restaurant we always munch on this masala papad until our order is ready. So get set ready to make this delicious masala papad at your home!
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve as a starter.
- Total time of cooking is 15 minutes.
- Serves 4 people.
- Make the mixture just before serving.
- You can even keep the fried papad in an airtight container.
- The quantity of spice can be varied according to your taste.
- Chopped green chili can also be added.
- If the papad is large in size you can cut it into four halves.
Image Credit : Tastyappetite