This intriguing Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe can make you fall in love with mushrooms. The easy method of cooking, simple and handy ingredients, intense flavors and amazing taste with creamy texture makes the soup alluring. The same restaurant style soup can be made at home with no labor and enjoyed with same luxury. Additionally, there are various impacts of eating mushrooms on health like instant immunity boost. They are the wholesome pack of fibers, vitamins, and minerals.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Soup
Description: Learn the cream of mushroom soup recipe and prepare it at home. It is an affordable option for health and also an amazing appetizer.
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour – 1 tbsp.
- Black Pepper – ¼ tsp.
- Bay Leaf – 1 leaf
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Cream – 6 tbsp.
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp.
- Dried Thyme – 1/8 tsp.
- Garlic Cloves – 3 cloves
- Milk – 1 cup
- Mushrooms – 2 cups (250 grams)
- Nutmeg Powder – 2 pinch
- Onions – 1 cup (1 medium sized)
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 tbsp.
Note: You can adjust the proportion of the cream and milk.
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Steps:
- Boil the Milk.
- Make Mushroom Paste.
- Finely chop the onions and the garlic cloves in one bowl.
- Rinse, Wash properly and dry the mushrooms. Finely chop or slice chop them into another bowl.
Note: Boiling the milk is optional.
- Heat the butter over a medium flame on non-stick sauté pan. When the butter melts, spread it evenly and roast thyme.
- Add the bay leaf to sauté.
- Cook it till it releases the aromatic fragrance and then mix onions.
- Sauté the onions in the butter till they lose color and become golden brown.
- When they become translucent, mix the chopped garlic cloves.
- Wait for some time till they become soft and then transfer the chopped mushrooms from the bowl to the mixture and stir for 2 minutes till the ingredients blend properly.
- Sauté till the water starts releasing from the mushrooms.
- Keep tossing and continue to sauté until all the water is dried up from the pan.
- To this mixture add the whole wheat flour and stir well so that the flour combines properly.
- Season the soup with the crushed black pepper evenly.
- Pour 2 cups of boiled milk into the mixture slowly and gradually. First, add some milk and stir to make the soup thick.
- Now add the all-purpose flour and then after stirring for some time again add the milk. Use all the 2 cups of milk in the increments of ½ cups.
- Add some water because the soup might have become too thick. To keep its consistency of thin texture add some water.
- Stir the soup well and sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Simmer the soup gently on a medium flame.
- Slowly the soup would achieve the desired thickness.
- When you feel the soup has become thick, add the cream.
- Transfer the mushroom paste and mix well.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves over the soup.
- Now stir and sprinkle the nutmeg powder.
- Let the soup cook for some time.
- After few minutes check, whether it has become soft or not.
- Turn down the flame and let the soup rest to cool before serving.
And hot cream of mushroom soup is ready to be savored!
Note: Use fresh cream only and avoid Sour cream.
Calories: 100 calories
- Total Time: PT30M
- Serves: 3
- Date Published: 2016-09-08
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Though mushrooms are really healthy and tasty, they make a rare appearance in our regular cooking. While the same is not true when we visit restaurants. Whether or not fond of soup, every meal order will start with soup. Soup of mushroom is one such soup which we order but show the lack of confidence to prepare at home. So why not to try to integrate the fresh mushrooms in the homemade soup than which has your own personalized and customized flavors.
The ingredients are basic, yet the suggestion for the substitutes are accepted but do not unbalance the taste. The mushroom soup has strong flavors of nutmeg powder and black pepper. When the bay leaf is sautéed it creates the powerful aroma. Milk and cream thicken the texture of the soup. You can combine the mushrooms with other veggies of your choice and give it an exotic touch. Thus, there is an instant rise in the zest of homemade mushroom soup.
This warm soup is one of the best choices to prepare for cold days of winter. With or without the experiments of alteration in the taste, the final soup will surely taste pure. For the best result, adjust the proportions of ingredients at your flexibility. It is an ultimate savior of your hunger. Prepare the yummy cream of mushroom soup for your supper.
- The Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe requires 10 minutes for the preparation and 20 minutes to cook.
- You can use the cornstarch-flour to increase the thickness of the soup.
- To have more warmth from the soup, you can add extra black pepper.
- Do not use the saved milk. Always prefer the fresh milk. Alternative over the milk can be almond milk with water.
- For a garlic version, use the garlic salt and the garlic leaves.
- The substitute to regular water can be veg stock.
You can serve the delicious cream of mushroom soup in a pot with croutons. Garnish the upper layer of soup it with:
- Parsley Leaves / Coriander Leaves
- Heavy White Cream