Soups are a great suggestion when thinking for light lunch or skipping the heavy meal. They are super healthy and contains lot of nutrients. The cream of celery soup recipe does not need cooking expertise. If you have never tried making soup at home, don’t be anxious. It is simple, so make from scratch and serve.
Cream of Celery Soup
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Description: It is the delicious and easiest starter to prepare at home. Recreate the magic of restaurant recipe at home. Give some variations and customize the ingredients of celery soup to make it your unique recipe.
Cream of Celery Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- Onions – 2 ½ cups (finely chopped)
- Celery – 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Flour – 2 tbsp.
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cream – ½ cup
- Butter – 2 ½ tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
Note: You can skip the cream and increase the quantity of milk.
Cream of Celery Soup Recipe Steps:
- Finely chop the Onions and the Celery into two separate bowls.
Note: It is fine if you are using the already refrigerated celery.
- Heat the butter over a medium flame on non-stick sauté pan. When the butter melts, spread it evenly and add the chopped onions. Sauté the onions in the butter till they lose color and become golden brown.
- Add the salt while onions are cooking. Then, transfer the celery from the bowl to the mixture and stir for 2 minutes till the ingredients blend properly. To this mixture add the flour and stir well so that the flour combines properly.
- Pour 2 cups of milk into the mixture slowly and gradually. First add some milk and stir to make the soup thick. Then after stirring for some again add the milk. Use all the 2 cups of milk in the increments of ½ cups.
- Simmer the soup till the celery becomes tender. After 15 minutes check, whether it has become soft or not. Turn down the flame and let the soup rest to cool before serving.
And creamy luscious soup is ready to take a sip! Enjoy the warm soup.
Note: You have to stir well till the flour releases fragrance similar to pie crust.
Calories: 164 calories
- Total Time: PT25M
- Serves: 4
- Date Published: 2016-08-07
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The best time to make it cream of celery soup is during winters when the days are chilly. It is a good option when you already have some celery in stock. It can be made in various styles but the simple cream version requires using only celery along with onions.
You May Also Like :
- The Cream of Celery Soup Recipe requires 10 minutes for the preparation and 15 minutes to cook.
- You may use garlic cloves and also extra veggies like potatoes.
- The use of cream in the recipe is optional.
You can serve the delicious soup in pot with croutons and garnish it with:
- Mint Leaves
- Chopped Celery
- Drizzle Cream