Bring the piquancy of mainland china in your kitchen with the popular Veg Manchow Soup Recipe. It is basically a mixed vegetable soup made in Chinese manner and topped with the fried noodles. The incredible flavors of Veg Manchow Soup restores the desire for Chinese zests. There are many soups but this one from the Chinese Cuisine takes the heart way with its spicy and sizzling taste.
Veg Manchow Soup
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Chinese
Description: Though the Veg Manchow Soup Recipe has various ingredients, cooking is simple. Make the restaurant style hot and spicy soup at your home. Try now!
Veg Manchow Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- Baby Corn – ¼ cup
- Bamboo Shoots – ¼ cup
- Black Pepper – as per taste
- Cabbage – ¼ cup
- Celery – 1 tsp.
- Carrots – ¼ cup
- Coriander Leaves – ½ tbsp.
- Corn Starch – 6 tbsp.
- French Beans – ¼ cup
- Ginger – 1 tsp.
- Garlic Cloves – 1 tsp.
- Green Chilies – ¼ cup (1 piece)
- Green Bell Pepper – ¼ cup
- Mushrooms – ¼ cup
- Noodles – ½ cup
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp. (click here to buy it online)
- Onions – ¼ cup
- Red Bell Pepper – ¼ cup
- Red Chilies – ¼ cup (1 piece)
- Red Chili Sauce – ½ tbsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp.
- Spring Onions – ¼ cup
- Sprouts – ¼ cup
- Tofu – ¼ cup (50 grams)
- Tomato Sauce – ¼ tbsp.
- Vinegar – ½ tsp.
- Warm Water – 3 cups
Note: Celery and coriander leaves are the optional ingredients. You can make tomato sauce at home in minutes.
Veg Manchow Soup Recipe Steps:
- Rinse and shred the cabbage finely.
- Clean the carrots and grate them.
- Slice chop the mushrooms.
- Finely chop the onions, spring onions, beans, ginger, garlic cloves, celery, coriander leaves and chilies using chopper.
- Soak cornstarch in warm water to make a thick paste.
- Fry the noodles so that they become crisp.
Note: Remove the seed from the chilies. You use ginger-garlic paste as well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium flame till it crackles.
- Sauté chopped ginger and garlic.
- Also, mix red and green chilies.
- Now, add the finely chopped onions and wait till they become brown.
- Stir in the chopped mushroom and the fresh beans till mushroom change the color.
- Once they are cooked, mix the grated carrots and simmer.
- Transfer the shredded cabbage to this pan with the bell peppers.
- Stir over a high flame so that all ingredients get cooked.
- Mix in the chopped bamboo shoot and the tofu.
- Sprinkle celery and coriander leaves.
- Add corns with a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Season the mixture with red chili sauce and soy sauce.
- For the tangy flavor, also add tomato sauce.
- Give the ingredients a toss for the even seasoning.
- Pour water into the stir fried veggies pan.
- Taste the soup and check for salt. If required add more.
- Cover the pan and allow the soup to a simmer.
- After some time, lift up the cover, and add the cornstarch paste to the soup.
- Keep stirring continually till the soup becomes thick.
- The last step is to add the vinegar and give a stir.
- Switch off the flame and reassure the taste.
- Transfer the hot soup from pan to a bowl. Top the bowl with fried noodles.
- You can also serve the fried noodles in another plate.
And the sizzling veg Manchow soup is ready to a gulp it down!
Note: Use a wok, it is especially for Chinese cooking.
Calories: 330 calories
- Total Time: PT50M
- Serves: 3
- Date Published: 2016-08-31
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
All sorts of healthy veggies can contribute in its cooking. This is an add-on to the nutrition value of the soup. When various finely chopped fresh vegetables are sautéed in the pan, they give rise to an authentic aroma. The use of ginger and garlic in high proportion makes it the most refreshing soup. It brings back the lost energy within seconds of having it.
The spice in the soup is customize-able to suit your palate. The spiciness can be increased with the usage of more spicy sauces. The actual quality of the soup lies in its spice. Topping the soup with the fried noodles, add a bonus of crunch to the hot and spicy soup. This soup is relatively thick when compared with other soups. It’s the authentic aroma and the alluring look of the soup which grabs the attention.
The soup takes a top position in the restaurant menu under the category of Chinese Cuisines. There is no strain in preparing this soup at home. With all the relative ingredients available, one can quickly gather them on the stove. The delightful soup is easy to make and enjoyable to eat. Simply garnish with noodles and gulp!
Though the Veg Manchow Soup Recipe has lot of ingredients, cooking is simple. Make the restaurant style hot and spicy soup at your home. Try now!
- The veg Manchow soup recipe requires about 50 minutes to cook.
- The reason to use mushrooms is both taste and texture, but skipping it won’t spoil the taste neither the texture. If you like mushroom, you can try cream of mushroom soup.
- Use of cornstarch is to make a soup thick, you can reduce the quantity if you prefer more liquid soup.
Ladle the soup in a shallow soup bowl. Serve to savor the hot and spicy flavors of china in one bowl. You may provide it with toasted breads, garlic breads or crunchy croutons. Garnish soup dish it with:
- Sliced Green Chilies
- Mint Leaves / Cilantro Leaves
If you are an avid fan of Chinese dishes, then you may like try to Dry Chili Paneer, Chinese Salad, Chili Garlic Noodles, Veg Chow Mein, Corn Manchurian, Veg Hakka Noodles, Fried Rice, etc. All these food pair perfectly well the drizzle of spicy Schezwan Sauce.