It’s chaat time on the blog! Let’s discuss the delicious and easy chatpata aloo chana chaat recipe made up of chickpeas and potatoes and other spices. You can have it in breakfast or as brunch. It is mostly served as a starter. Many Indian restaurants serve it as a starter. Thus it holds a place of importance in the starter section of the menu.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Usually, I prepare chutneys a day before. Red chilli chutney and tamarind chutney can be refrigerated for a long time like a week but green chutney can be preserved for a day or two.
Moreover, if you have some leftover boiled chana than the dish becomes very handy to make. When ever I make some chana dish like Chole bhature or chana masala I boil some extra chana for this dish to be prepared next day.
Chickpeas are not only tasty but healthy also. Chickpeas are a nutrient-dense food, providing rich content of protein, dietary fiber, folate, and certain dietary minerals such as iron and phosphorus.
- Take the Aloo chana mixture in a plate add some sev.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and some chopped coriander leaves.
- Total time of cooking is 30 minutes.
- Serves 3 people
- The proportion of vegetables and chutney depends on your choice.
- Various other veggies can also be added according to your preferences.
- Chopped green chilli can be added to make it spicier.
- Garlic chutney can also be added.
Image Credit : Vahrehvah