The Eggless Banana Cake Recipe is a fancy fusion of healthy bananas with whole wheat flour and milk. This version of the banana cake without the use of eggs in the batter is best for vegans. It is quick and easy to make this fun eating fluffy banana cake at home. Popularly, the recipe is renowned by the name of “Low-Fat Banana Cake”.
Eggless Banana Cake
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Cakes
- Cuisine: Dessert
Description: The Eggless Banana Cake recipe is easy to make. It is a yummy dessert made from fresh bananas and whole wheat flour. Cook the Cake now and Cherish!
Eggless Banana Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- Ripe Bananas – 4 ripe bananas
- Banana Puree – 2 cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Cake Flour – 3 cups
- Baking Powder – 5 tsp.
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp.
- Milk – 1 ½ cup
- Banana Essence – 1 tsp.
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp.
- Melted Butter – 8 tbsp.
- Corn Starch – 1 tbsp.
- Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Dry Fruits – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp.
Note: Over-ripe bananas will also be useful. If you have banana’s at home, then prepare banana puree at home.
Eggless Banana Cake Recipe Steps:
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degree C for 45 minutes. You can also heat at 180 degree C or 350 degrees F.
- Cake Batter:
- Sift the cake flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the baking powder in the same bowl.
- Also add the corn starch powder along with the baking soda.
- Mix the strained ingredients properly and also add salt as per the taste.
- Set this bowl aside for some time for ingredients to rest.
- Wash the bananas.
- Peel the banana skin.
- Grate them or chop them.
- Add the chopped banana to the mixing bowl.
- Mash them with spoon, fork or hands. Get the consistency.
- Add the mashed bananas to the blender and blend well.
- Transfer from blender to the bowl.
- In this bowl, add sugar and oil.
- Drizzle the banana and vanilla essence.
- Stir till the sugar dissolved and the ingredients are mixed.
- Avoid the lumps in the banana puree to make it smooth.
- You have a whip attachment, then fix it with another bowl of stand mixture fitted.
- Mix the sugar with the butter.
- Beat the mixture of milk and butter till it becomes creamy.
- Add the sugar along with the water.
- Whip at a medium speed and also scrape the sides.
- Do this for 5-7 minutes till the mixture achieve light texture and becomes airy.
- Continuously whip the mixture till it become smooth.
- Once done, keep this aside.
Note: If you have regular oven, then heat both the top and bottom layer.
- Add the banana puree to the cream mixture bowl.
- Stir the mixture well to season evenly with the banana puree.
- Now to this add the cake batter of the sieved flour.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Mix well the ingredients, fold the two sets of ingredients properly.
- Add the chopped walnut or other dry fruits and fold the mixture.
- Butter and grease the cake pan.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin.
- Scrape the batter from the sides with spatula and add to cake pan.
- Tap of the sides of the cake pan, so that the air bubbles are released.
- Bake the cakes in oven until the surface becomes fluffy and lightly brown. It should bounce back when pinched with toothpick.
- Remove the cake from the baking oven and keep the tray of cake pans over the wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, with the help of knife, trim the uneven top upper layer of the cake to make it look even.
And the extremely delicious eggless banana cake recipe is ready to cut and cherish. It is best when served directly from baking oven.
Note: You can use rectangular Pyrex or oven roasting pan. Place the pan in the center rack of the regular oven.
Calories: 892 calories
- Total Time: PT45M
- Serves: 8
- Date Published: 2016-08-27
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
When the preparation is less, the dish automatically becomes pleasing. There is no extra consumption of energy or resources in its cooking. The making of this cake is effortless without any complications. The hero of this dessert dish is the fresh ripe banana, which is available in all seasons. The dry fruits used are optional and obtained in all grocery stores.
The brilliance of this baked cakes lies in its affable aroma. The caramelized syrup polishes the taste palates. One piece of soft and spongy banana cake is enough to leave everyone speechless. Gulping down the banana in the most flavorful manner is never forgetting experience.
Generally, it is preferred to eat as a light sweet snack. But many a time, you may see the banana cake served as dessert in parties or restaurant with creamy frosting. Also, the cost to prepare at home is quite cheap when compared with the restaurant.
Also, you can bring variation the cake by drizzling the top layer with flavored syrups. For converting it to chocolate flavor, combine with cocoa powder. Raise the texture by adding cashews, raisins, pistachios and various other dry fruits. Make, Bake and the serve the yummy bowl of light and moist banana cake.
- The Eggless Banana Cake recipe requires nearly 1 hour to cook.
- Banana has proportion of fiber and makes digestion easy. It is a powerhouse of nutrients. It helps in controlling blood pressure.
- You can adjust the amount of sugar as it contain high proportion of sugar in its making.
- Make use of Fresh Banana Puree.
- The cake is edible for a week if stored in fridge.
- Use more baking soda if you do not have baking powder.
- You can also use condensed milk.
- You can make fusion of the cake, with addition of clove, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- As we are not using eggs, we do not have anything which gives cake a rise. So, use the flat tray to bake the cake.
- You may add any dry fruit of your choice. Using dry fruits is optional.
Cut the pieces of cake or serve it as whole over the cake table. You can eat the cake with any hot beverage. Garnish the banana cake with:
- Cinnamon Cream Swirls
- Golden Syrup
- Cheese Frosting
- Caramel Drizzle
- Chopped Banana
- Chopped Dry Fruits
Image Credit : Blendwithspices