Atte ka halwa is a famous North Indian sweet dish. The festival of Navratri is coming so thought of sharing this recipe. Atte ka halwa recipe is very easy and quick dish to be made. It also tastes awesome. You can make this dish on some occasion or if you desire to eat something sweet.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Many people make this halwa for Prashad also. This is a healthy halwa recipe. To make it more healthy dry fruits are added. The only art in making this dish is to avoid lump formation. Another thing is proper roasting of the flour. But do keep an eye while roasting to avoid burning of the flour.
This Atte ka halwa is very good for the ladies who have just undergone a delivery. I don’t know the reason behind it but the elder ladies in a house like my grandmother use to give this halwa after delivery. I think it helps to regain the energy which a woman has lost during this process. No matter what is the reason the fact is that the new mother will love the advice because r not likes this halwa!
One more thing I will tell you that if you are making this dish then prepare extra also because the aroma of your halwa will surely attract your neighbours!
- The total time of cooking required for the Atte Ka Halwa recipe is around 20-25 minutes where the preparation of sugar syrup can take 5 minutes. The rest of 20 minutes will go it roasting the flour and making the Halwa.
- The measured proportion of ingredients makes the Halwa which can serve approximately 3 people.
- Instead of water milk can also be used.
- Stir continuously while adding water otherwise lumps will be formed.
- You can also add Jaggery instead of sugar but I prefer sugar because the taste is altered by the addition of Jaggery.
- As this is a high-calorie recipe with 156 calories per serving, you may prefer to sue Sugar-Free diet sugar.
- Do not hesitate in using more ghee, if you use less ghee, then your Halwa will become dry in texture.
Transfer this delicious Indian Sweet Atte Ka Halwa in a bowl and serve it warm. You can have this Halwa hot immediately from the pan either alone or with your complete meal of roti, sabzi, Dal and steamed rice.
Garnish with the Halwa with:
- You Halwa should not be sticky, at the end it should become one mass.
- The lot of consistency and texture of Halwa will depend on the quality of wheat flour. So check the flour and use the coarsely grounded sieved wheat flour.
- You can use any dry fruits or nuts of your choice.
- If you are a diabetic patient, then adjust the quantity of sugar and ghee according to your health.
If you are interested to make other varieties of Halwa, then you may like to check Lauki Ka Halwa, Beetroot Halwa, Sooji Ka Halwa, Carrot Halwa, Mango Halwa, Apple Halwa, Rava Halwa, Badam Halwa, or Banana Sheera. The other things which you can make from wheat flour are Atta Ladoo , Wheat Flour Dosa, Atta and Paneer Roll, and many more.