Want a healthy meal without much of overdoing? Well here is the perfect option which balances health and taste with the intake of one single rice dish. The Herb Rice Recipe is the most delicious rice recipe which can be used as a base for other varieties rice dish. The various flavors of the herbs and their aromatic fragrance are just unbelievable. People avoid to eat rice but this healthy dish will return your love for rice and you would never again prefer to skip it.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You must have seen it being served in almost all restaurants. Or have you tastes it before? Don’t be disheartened if your answer is no. It is the easiest rice recipe to make retaining the exact restaurant quality styling and taste. And in fact trying yourself would turn out it to be by far the tastiest herb rice from what you must have tried. The best part to make at home is you can add your own veggies, top it with your favorite seasoning and eat with the variety of your favorite meals.
This ravishing staple has a raving texture beautifully mingled with the refreshing flavors. This European dish Indian touch is simple to make with little precautions. While you prepare, take care that the strong and impactful flavors of parsley leaves do not overpower the royal essence of rice. For that use only half proportion of parsley than the gauge of rice. You may experiment with other fresh herbs as well.
You can also tweak with herb rice recipe by changing its original ingredients and keeping the base rice unchanged. The minor twist in taste will make more savory. It’s a joy to see all these ingredients coming together in one dish. The simple, subtle, spicy and remarkable taste of herb rice leaves an impression. It long lasting taste compels to make this dish time and again. This yummy plate of rice can be paired with any Indian curry as a side serve.
- The total time required for Herb Rice Recipe is nearly half an hour.
- The measured proportion of ingredients makes rice which sufficiently serves 3 to 4 people.
- You can use baby potatoes too. But if you don’t have baby potatoes then cut the potatoes into pieces and use them.
- You may skip adding potatoes if you do not like them.
- You can add more herbs as per your requirements.
- For faster cooking, use white rice. Yet there is no harm in using brown rice.
- Adding mushrooms is also a good option. You can also add cabbage, cauliflowers, French beans or broccoli in this rice.
- For more taste, use a mixture of butter and oil.
- If you like almonds then top the rice with chopped almonds.
- If you are using the fresh herbs, then clean the leaves of herbs before you use them. It is time consuming to clean all the herbs, but clean each lead. Also, use tender stems and sprigs for best results.
Transfer this hot steamed mixed veggie and herbs rice to the serving plate. You can serve this tasty and flavorful herb rice with any type of chilled Raita. You can pair this rice dish with tangy pickles or the healthy salads and have it plain. Also, Pair this buttery and creamy rice with the crunchy potato roast for a complete dish.
Mentioned below are the few interesting garnishing ideas for this rice made from fresh herbs.
- Garnish the herb rice with the chopped Scallion Greens
- You can also add a basil leaf over the top and serve.
- Kids might like more if you add grated cheese.
- You can also add grated coconut if it’s available.
- Squeeze a lemon over it and enjoy the freshness of lemon
- If you are planning to eat this rice plain, then have it glass of refreshing pineapple juice.
- You can sprinkle mixed herb powder over the rice before you eat.
- If you are making rice over a high flame, then heat olive oil in a medium sized skillet which is coated with cooking spray.
- Serve the delicious and Herb rice made in oil or butter with Salt and Pepper Tofu.
- Sprinkle some oregano over the rice.
This simple and healthy Herb rice is one of the easiest rice dish to attempt at home. You can make this rice with few availability of few minimal ingredients. You needs fresh herbs, some veggies, spice powders and cooked rice to get started with the making of herb rice. This rice is cooked along with the boiled potatoes, crunchy carrots and the pungent scallions. It is seasoned with fresh or dried herbs and tossed in butter or oil. There is not much difference whether you make it butter or oil except that the buttered herb rice has extra saltiness due to the presence of extra salt in butter.
One of the most interesting thing of this dish is that it uses the cooked rice for its making. So if you are planning to make the Buttered Herb Rice, then you do not worry much about the cooking time. You can use the morning leftover rice to make this fusion rice dish. The best part is if you are making plain rice for the lunch, then you can impress your kids with the colourful and flavourful herb rice in the dinner.
This rice is an ideal option to have for our mid-day meals for office and even you can pack for your kid’s tiffin. If you like the flavours of garlic, then you can toss the rice in the crushed garlic which would raise the flavours of this dish and infuse tis own aroma in the rice. The addition of garlic and ginger always make any dish taste different from its usual taste. This Herb Rice tossed with herbs, spices and veggies is a treat for your taste buds. So perk up your routine rice with rice dish made from the brimming flavours of the Mediterranean region. It’s tasty, healthy and hearty to have. If you like this, you can also try to learn making Spanish Rice in no time. You might also be interested to check how to make Chinese Vegetable Fried rice and Lemon rice at home. This rice itself with strong flavors is highly fragrant as it is scented with leaves of dill and parsley apart from mint. If there are any other available soft herbs, then you can be flexible with the addition of herbs. You can add as many herbs as you along with other dried spice mix.
Rice is one the simplest staple which you can combine with any our favorite different kind of meals. It not just easy and simple to make any rice dish but also quite quick. You can also twist with the flavors and taste of rice make it as suitable to your taste palates. To make any rice dish is easy, as you just have to cook the rice and just have a few veggies mixed with it. You can also add plain rice to a stir-fry or vegetable curry. Preparing rice at home is both healthy and hygienic but also saves money. Get the rice grains you prefer in bulk and prepare the interesting rice dish by adding the seasonings of your own choice. Even the Indian restaurant styled Masala Rice with various spices and veggies is also a great side dish for almost any meal.
Get Recipes in your inbox