The delicious Aloo Tikki Chole is the popular street food of India. Both the Chole and Aloo Tikki are the most common and mouth-watering snacks. This Spicy and tangy snack is one type of Chaat dish. This tasty snack dish is flavourful and tummy-filling as well. This lip-smacking North Indian Chaat recipe is loved by everyone. Though the enjoyment to eat this dish is at roadside stalls, but its preparation at home in quite hygienic. The Aloo Tikki Chole Recipe is a simple snack to try at home.
Aloo Tikki Chole
- Author: Vishal Agrawal
- Recipe Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The Aloo Tikki Chole Recipe is a simple snack to try at home. The combination of Potato Pattie with the chole curry makes it an all-time favourite snack.
Ingredients for Making Aloo Tikki Chole Recipe:
To prepare the Aloo Tikki Chole at home you need would Potato Cutlet (Aloo Tikki), Various Types of Chutney, Spicy Punjabi Chole, and Fresh Curd. The addition of various veggies and a sprinkle of thin Sev makes the dish flavourful.
For Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat:
- Chole Gravy (Leftover) – 1 cup
- Onion (Finely Chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mint Chutney (Pudina Chutney) – 4 tbsp.
- Tamarind Chutney (Imli Chutney) – 4 tbsp.
- Curd (Dahi) – ¼ cup
- Tomato (Finely Chopped) – ¼ cup
- Sev (Thin) – 1/3 cup
For Aloo Tikki:
- Potato (Aloo) – 1 large
- Green Peas – 1/3 cup
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp.
- Green Chilli (Finely Chopped) – 1 unit
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp.
- Coriander Leaves (Dhania Leaves) – 2 tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp. (use saffola oil)
- Salt – as per taste
Method for Making Aloo Tikki Chole Recipe:
Follow the recipe and prepare the fried Aloo Tikki of the spicy potato and peas stuffing. It is then mixed up with spicy chole. Then the Chaat is prepared with a drizzle of chutneys and curd. The Aloo Tikki chole is finally topped with crispy Sev!
For Aloo Tikki:
- Take potatoes and wash it nicely.
- Take green peas and defrost them in the microwave oven if frozen.
- Wash green peas as well.
- Now, take a pressure cooker and place it on the stove.
- Add water in the cooker.
- Add potatoes in the cooker and boil them.
- Once the potatoes are boiled, transfer them into a strainer.
- Now, in the same cooker, add peas and semi-boil them.
- Transfer the semi-boiled green peas in the same strainer.
- Peel the potatoes after they cool down.
- Take a bowl and transfer the potatoes and peas in it.
- Use potatoes masher and properly mash potatoes and peas.
- In the bowl, add chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, Chaat masala and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Now, add salt and taste the mixture.
- Adjust salt and spices according to your taste.
- Now, divide the mixture into 8 equal parts.
- Make a small circular patty of the mixture.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and place it over the gas.
- Add oil to the pan and heat it.
- As the oil gets hot, add the Aloo Tikki in it.
- Apply some oil over the Aloo Tikki as well.
- Flip the Aloo Tikki and cook it nicely both the sides.
- Do this for all the tikkis.
- Transfer into a plate and proceed further.
For Aloo Tikki Chole Chaat:
- Transfer the chole into a bowl.
- Place the bowl into the microwave oven and warm it up.
- Now, take a plate and add 2 Aloo Tikki in the plate.
- Add some chole, around ½ cup, on the top of the Aloo Tikki.
- Now, add 1 tbsp. green mint chutney over it.
- Add 1 tbsp. tamarind chutney over it.
- Add 1 tbsp. curd on it.
- Sprinkle thin Sev over the Aloo Tikki chole Chaat.
- Add some chopped tomatoes and onion on it.
- Make total 4 plates of Aloo Tikki chole.
- Serve them in the breakfast.
Calories: 581 calories
- Total Time: PT45M
- Serves: 4
- Date Published: 2017-02-06
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The aromatic fragrance of chole and chutney is highly tempting. The pungent smell of onions is irresistible. The combination of potato Pattie with the chole curry makes it an all-time favourite snack. Aloo Tikki are usually the spiced potato patties but you can stuff it with any other filling. Whereas the chole is spicy and hot north Indian chickpea curry. The blend of this duo with chutney, yogurt and Sev is delicious.
You can feel complex flavours with different textures in one dish. The crispy thin Sev, refreshing chutneys, soft Tikki, spicy chole and crunchy onions is what makes it a mouth-melting snack. You can make your own version of spicy chole and fried Aloo Tikki.
- Do not over-fry the tikkis, take just light fry them.
- You can skip using green peas.
- Use kitchen towels to remove excess oil from the Aloo-tikkis.
- If you do not have leftover chole, you can make chole at home.
- You can also make Tamarind-date chutney and green pudina chutney at home.
- If you do not know to make curd, check the recipe here.
- You can also bake the Aloo Tikkis in this recipe to make them healthy.
- To make the Tikki more nutritious, you can add chopped sweet potatoes.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can sprinkle Chaat masala when the dish is ready.
- Serve it as morning breakfast or tea time snack.