Nostalgic about the lanes of Mahabaleshwar? We always recall the memories of place by its food. Learn to make Corn Patties Recipe, one of its scrummy street food. The snack dish is easy to prepare at home retaining the original flavors. Recreate the magic of corn patties and mingle with the joy of taste buds!
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The taste of corn patties is similar to having plain corns with some extra zest. The corn stuffing with the mashed potatoes when melts, leaves an impression. The combination of sweet and flavorful potato mixture makes it a favorite tea-time snack.
You can give any shape of your choice to these patties. Shallow fry or deep fry is your choice, but remove the excess oil for the better health. The proportion of spices used in the potato mixture is adjustable. Try and customize with the ingredients used and come up with new version.
The key here is to fry in a way that inner filing remains soft while the outer layer becomes crispy. Tickle your tongue with these mouth-watering Makai Patties. Serve it as breakfast or snack and sate your appetite for munch of crunch.
- The Corn Patties Recipe requires nearly an hour to prepare and cook.
- The use of other flour than the rice can change the taste of patties.
- The corn stuffing can also be eaten as plain.
- You can reduce the proportion of chillies to adjust the spiciness.
- You may substitute bread crumbs with the corn flakes.
Garnish it with:
- Coriander Leaves
- Chaat Masala
- If you don’t have chutney, then you can have it with Tomato Sauce.
- You can either shallow fry or deep fry this corn pattie. You will get crispy layered corn patties if you deep fry.
- You can do the tempering of sesame seeds over the corn patties.
There is one more way of making these lovely corn patties. First make the batter for frying patties by taking 2 tbsp. rice flour or besan a bowl. Then make the corn stuffed patties as mentioned above and then dip one by one each patty in the flour batter. After that roll the corn patties in the bread crumbs mixture and coat its surface evenly. Keep these corn patties aside for a while and roast or shallow fry it. The Corn Patties Recipe is a perfect tea-time suggestion for light snacks. It makes fried corn fritters which tastes delicious with any hot beverage like tea or coffee.
If you are interested in checking other tea-time snacks then you may like to see Cutlet, Samosa, Aloo Tikki, Paneer Bread Roll, Mirchi Vada, Sandwich, Upma, Chaat, Dhokla, Aloo Pakora and many such more. All these tasty and delicious snacks are really simple to make at home.