- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: Here we have used just the potato, but you can also add vegetables of your choice and mash them along with the potato. You may use various spices and sauces, but the traditional taste lies in simple salted potatoes. Anyway you prepare, any Ingredient you use, any time you choose, its great evergreen taste will never let you down. Read, prepare and make your family time joyous!
Aloo Tikki Recipe Ingredients:
- Potatoes – 2 cups
- Corn Starch – 2 tbsp.
- Cilantro Leaves – 3 tbsp.
- Coriander Powder– ½ tsp.
- Red Pepper Powder – ½ tsp.
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp.
- Green Chilies – 2 pieces
- Chat Masala – ¼ tsp.
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Lime Juice – ½ tsp.
- Oil – 3 large tbsp.
Note: We will use the boiled, shredded potatoes. Also Cilantro must be finely chopped. You can use the chopped coriander leaves as well for the garnishing purpose. If you have coriander and cumin seeds then you can crush them to the powder form.
Aloo Tikki Recipe Steps:
- Wash and clean the cilantro. Take the chopping board and finely chop them.
- Boil the Potatoes. Peel of their skin and shred them to use as mashed potatoes
At medium flame, boil the water in pressure cooker for 10 minutes. Take large sized potatoes, wash them and keep them in the boiling water for few minutes till they are cooked. Peel the skin of potato and with help of shredder, shred it in small strips.
Note: For the crunchy tikki, do not overcook the potatoes. Over boiling of potatoes makes them mushy. Avoid kneading the mixture with heavy hand.
- Take the bowl of mashed potatoes, and to this mixture add corn starch and cilantro. Gently mix the ingredients with the light hands and add pinch of salt. Sprinkle the chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chat masala and season the mixture evenly. Squeeze lime juice for extra taste.
- Now, make small round balls of this mixture. Roll them and flatten to give the patties shape.
- Cover the bowl of the round patties with the plastic aluminum foil wax paper.
- Keep the bowl in refrigerator for at least 5 hours so that when you fry the tikki, they form crispy outer layer.
- Take a frying pan and heat oil over a high flame till the bubbles burst. Deep fry the Aloo tikki in the moderate oil. Fry from the sides, flip to other side when one side is brown and crispy. Let them shallow fry for minimum 2-3 minutes. You can fry 3 tikkis at one time in the pan.
- Try to filter the extra oil while taking the tikkis out of the pan. Keep them on the oil-absorbent paper which will soak the excess oil.
And the hot, delicious, tasty Aloo tikkis are ready to munch!
Note: Set the temperature of the refrigerator before keeping the tikki bowl, this is the most crucial step. For the crunchy texture, you must refrigerate for proper amount of time.
Calories: 208 calories
- Total Time: PT10M
- Serves: 4
- Date Published: 2016-08-01
Serve the crunchy and crumbly fried Aloo Tikki with chole or any spicy gravy. It also goes well with the chat dish or any hot beverage. You may garnish the plate with: