There is no home in Diwali which does not have bright colored Boondi Ladoo. It is a sacred sweet dish which is served at various festivals and at times it also denotes the tradition of the region. It would be an excellent experience to try making these beautiful Boondi Ladoo Recipe at home. There are many times of Ladoo which can be made from different food items but these sweet Boondi Ladoo are best to serve in Ganesh Chaturthi or any other religious occasions. No one can take their eyes off the plate of Ladoo piled one over the other.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The Boondi Ladoo Recipe is quick and easy delicious sweet recipe. It is made in minutes at home with gram flour and other handy ingredients. Make today!
Boondi Ladoo Recipe Ingredients:
- Gram Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
- Saffron Powder – 2 pinches
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar Candy – 10 pieces
- Cloves – ½ tsp. or 2 piece
- Color Essence – a small pinch
- Cooking Soda – a small pinch
- Melon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Cardamom Seeds – 2 black cardamoms
- Cashew Nuts – ¼ cup
- Pistachios – ½ tbsp.
- Raisins – ½ tbsp.
- Warm Water – 1 ¾ cup
- Ghee – ¾ tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
Note: Using the color essence is optional. You can use any dry fruit. Use Saffola Oil and Patanjali’s cow ghee.
Boondi Ladoo Recipe Steps:
- Roughly chop the cloves, cardamom seeds, pistachios, cashews nuts, and raisins.
- Take a pan, melt ghee and fry cashews, raisins, cloves and cardamom seeds. Take a mortar pestle and grind to powder form.
- Sugar Syrup:
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Dissolve the sugar syrup over the stove on a low heat.
- Cook till you get the thick thread like consistency.
- Turn off the flame of the stove.
- Keep this syrup aside in a pan.
Note: Do not let sugar solution cool down. It is advisable to keep it in the hot water bath.
- In a large mixing bowl, take the 1 cup gram flour and sieve it along with baking soda.
- Then into this mixture, mix saffron strands.
- Mix these dry ingredients properly to make the batter of Boondi.
- Then slowly and gradually add 1 tbsp. of water to make the batter smooth and thick paste.
- It is very important to get the correct, i.e. mildly thick consistency.
- Now take the minor amount of the batter and roll it round.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat oil over a high flame.
- When the oil starts to crackle, add the small round shaped a ball of the Boondi batter.
- If the batter on dropping into the oil becomes flat means it is thin and needs correction.
- So to correct the consistency, add some gram flour and again repeat the test.
- Similarly, if it becomes like a tail from ends means that it is thick and also needs correction.
- In this case, if you want to correct the consistency then add some water and again check for the consistency test.
- Once you have achieved the correct consistency, you can start frying the Boondi.
- Firstly, shape all the batter to the small round balls.
- If you do not want to form tiny balls or if you are unable to form the tiny balls then follow the below step.
- Take a perforated ladle and place it above the oil.
- Now add some batter into this spoon with help of another utensil.
- Spread the batter evenly over the perforated ladle.
- Submerge the ladle into the hot oil and let the Boondi fry.
- Fry them properly till they are well cooked.
- Do not over fry them which will make them crispy.
- The correct time to remove the Boondi is when the oil starts to sizzle.
- Strain them with the slotted spoon and either place them on an oil absorbent paper or directly dip into the sugar syrup.
- This way, finish up the entire batter by spreading it over the ladle, frying the tiny Boondi and adding to the sugar syrup.
- Take care, that after each batch of batter, you wipe the ladle.
- Use any cloth or the kitchen towel to clean the ladle of frying from both the sides.
- Now into this syrup, add the other ingredients such as ghee, dry fruits, seeds, powders and sugar candy.
- If you like, at this point you may some color essence into the mixture. You can either add both yellow and orange or choose any one.
- Mix these ingredients well with each other and shape the batter into medium sized round balls.
- Grease your palm with the ghee or butter and start making small balls.
- These small round balls that you rolled with hands are known as “Ladoo”.
- You can keep these Ladoo in the cupcake liner or the muffin liner.
- Decorate the top of Ladoo with sliced pistachio.
And the bright colored Boondi Ladoo are ready for the sweet bite attack!
Note: We can check the consistency of the batter by frying the Boondi. Also keep the height of ladle medium, do not keep too much above the oil.
Calories: 190 calories
- Total Time: PT40M
- Serves: 10
- Date Published: 2016-09-26
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
When the ghee is dripping from the bright yellow/ orange colored soft Ladoo, you just cannot stop yourself from taking the bite at the very moment. The creamy and moist Ladoo topped with crunchy nuts and soft dry fruits is a treat for taste buds. Whereas the sprinkle of cardamom powder adds aromatic fragrance to the Ladoo and pinch of saffron strands spreads orange color in the sweet. The addition of cloves and melon seeds takes flavor and texture of this sweet to another level.
There is a very specific reason behind the name of this sweet dish. When you pour the batter over the perforated ladle, it forms small and tiny round balls similar to water droplets, hence called as Boondi. As this is the sweet dish, we are making these Boondi Ladoo with the immense amount of sugar but you can also make them salty with spice powders. Also, there is a difference of texture in both the varieties of Ladoo, where one is soft and latter one is crispy.
Be very careful while you make the batter, as the consistency of the batter will decide the perfection of Boondi and nature of its texture. The Boondi Ladoo Recipe requires gram flour as the core ingredient whereas ghee, dry fruits, cardamom, etc. are the supporting ingredients. The recipe of yummy Boondi Ladoo is easy and can be shared with your friends. The tasty Ladoo gets prepared within less than one hour. They taste best when served hot but there is no alternation in flavors even when served from the fridge. Prepare today and make your festivals even more special.
- The Boondi Ladoo Recipe requires 40 minutes to assemble and make at home.
- With the present gauge of ingredients, you can make Boondi Ladoo for 10 people. You can increase or decrease as per a number of serving.
- Whenever you add the Boondi to the sugar syrup, make sure that solution is hot.
- If you make crispy Boondi, then your Ladoo would not be soft.
- And if the Ladoo is not soft, it won’t be smooth to eat them as they won’t be able to absorb sugar.
- The more you add ghee the more you can bind well Ladoo. If you want, you may also use ghee for frying.
Serve the Boondi Ladoo as a delicate sweet dish with a complete meal. Garnish the circular surface of Ladoo with: