There is no home in Diwali which does not have bright colored Boondi Ladoo. It is a sacred sweet dish which is served at various festivals and at times it also denotes the tradition of the region. It would be an excellent experience to try making these beautiful Boondi Ladoo Recipe at home. There are many times of Ladoo which can be made from different food items but these sweet Boondi Ladoo are best to serve in Ganesh Chaturthi or any other religious occasions. No one can take their eyes off the plate of Ladoo piled one over the other.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
When the ghee is dripping from the bright yellow/ orange colored soft Ladoo, you just cannot stop yourself from taking the bite at the very moment. The creamy and moist Ladoo topped with crunchy nuts and soft dry fruits is a treat for taste buds. Whereas the sprinkle of cardamom powder adds aromatic fragrance to the Ladoo and pinch of saffron strands spreads orange color in the sweet. The addition of cloves and melon seeds takes flavor and texture of this sweet to another level.
There is a very specific reason behind the name of this sweet dish. When you pour the batter over the perforated ladle, it forms small and tiny round balls similar to water droplets, hence called as Boondi. As this is the sweet dish, we are making these Boondi Ladoo with the immense amount of sugar but you can also make them salty with spice powders. Also, there is a difference of texture in both the varieties of Ladoo, where one is soft and latter one is crispy.
Be very careful while you make the batter, as the consistency of the batter will decide the perfection of Boondi and nature of its texture. The Boondi Ladoo Recipe requires gram flour as the core ingredient whereas ghee, dry fruits, cardamom, etc. are the supporting ingredients. The recipe of yummy Boondi Ladoo is easy and can be shared with your friends. The tasty Ladoo gets prepared within less than one hour. They taste best when served hot but there is no alternation in flavors even when served from the fridge. Prepare today and make your festivals even more special.
- The Boondi Ladoo Recipe requires 40 minutes to assemble and make at home.
- With the present gauge of ingredients, you can make Boondi Ladoo for 10 people. You can increase or decrease as per a number of serving.
- Whenever you add the Boondi to the sugar syrup, make sure that solution is hot.
- If you make crispy Boondi, then your Ladoo would not be soft.
- And if the Ladoo is not soft, it won’t be smooth to eat them as they won’t be able to absorb sugar.
- The more you add ghee the more you can bind well Ladoo. If you want, you may also use ghee for frying.
Serve the Boondi Ladoo as a delicate sweet dish with a complete meal. Garnish the circular surface of Ladoo with: