Do you like fruits? Do you like Chaat? Then here is a combo of both for you. This fruit Chaat recipe is very easy and prepared in minutes. It is one of the street food of India. Some of you may be thinking that it is same as fruit salad recipe. This recipe is different from a fruit salad. In fruit salad, there is no spicy taste but in fruit Chaat, there is spicy touch also. The spices used in fruit Chaat recipe are Chaat masala, roasted cumin powder. Red chili powder is optional.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The addition of Chaat Masala takes the taste of fruit Chaat dish to another level. Basically, Chaat masala powder is nothing but the combination of various whole spices crushed in the fine powder form. All type of tasty spices and Indian condiments and blend into one flavorful powder. In this Yummy, healthy and oil free food dish, chilled fruits are chopped and tossed in spice powders and seasoned with the drizzle of tangy sauces. The flavors of fruits and spices, when mixed, are absolutely fantastic and release a fabulous fragrance.
Especially if summer is the season then it’s best to have fruits because fruits help to maintain the water level in our body. So eat healthily and stay healthy. Not only summer but these fruit Chaat dish is also the perfect option to make in monsoons. A little spiced up juicy fruits are totally refreshing. Just imagine how it would taste when fruits are spiced with the Chaat Masala! It’s absolutely mouthwatering and these ingredients go very well together.
When citrus fruits combine with the flavorless fruits along with the spice masala then it’s surely a surely a win-win combination. The drizzle of juices in the fruit Chaat enhance the spicy taste and give the touch of khatta meetha taste. This can be considered as the healthy a healthy summer snack as the summer is the best season for various juicy fruits. Try and use as many as fruits possible as they would give flavor, color, and texture to the dish. If you are bored eating or regularly making the fruit salad and sweet item from fruits, then try this spicy, tangy and sweet fruit Chaat recipe and treat your taste buds.
- Total time of preparation for the Fruit Chaat Recipe is 15 minutes
- The measured proportion of ingredients makes the Chaat that will sufficiently serve 3 people.
- Refrain mixing citrus fruits with the juicy fruits.
- When you keep the fruits in the refrigerator, wrap the thin plastic film on the surface of the bowl.
- If you want the sweet Chaat, then drizzle 1 tbsp. of honey or date syrup of Jaggery syrup. This will add the sweetness to your chatpata Chaat.
- You can add fresh and juicy American cucumbers for the crunchiness.
- Leftovers of the fruits can be stored in the air tight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve this spiced and sweet Indian fruit salad with the complete meal. Pair it with the orange squash and have it with alone in the breakfast.
- Mint Leaves
- Black Pepper Powder
- Chopped Dry Fruits
- Cilantro Leaves
- You can squeeze some lime juice over the fruit Chaat which will infuse some taste of sourness and enhance the flavors of the Chaat.
- If you don’t want bananas and apple’s to get discolored, then apply some lemon juice to them.
- Season the Chaat with the black pepper powder if you want spicier. If you love chilies, then add 1 chopped green chili.
- You can also add the powdered or the granulated sugar in the Chaat.
- You can drizzle the dressing of the ginger juice over this fruit Chaat recipe.
This simple Chaat of fruits with lemon and salt can be made in many ways. Originally the fruit Chaat is made with the seasonal fruits and most of the people make it with either or two fruits available in their house. Whichever way it was made traditionally, nowadays you can tweak with the taste and give it your customized form based on what is suitable to your taste palates. One more method is that if you are using oranges as whole then that’s fine but if you are not adding the chopped oranges then you can mix in the orange juice in the fruit Chaat which will the tangy flavor.
Few Things to keep in mind for this Fruit Chaat Recipe:
- Chaat Masala: Be careful about the proportion of Chaat Masala. Sprinkle a little, check the seasoning and then add more if you feel the need.
- Chopping Fruits: Refrain from cutting the fruits too small or too big. If your fruits become mushy, you would not like that Chaat. Make the chunky cubical pieces which you can hold with the fork.
- Choice of Fruits: The proportion of each fruit in this recipe is based on your personal liking for that fruit. You can be flexible with a number of fruits you more or less. If making as per the seasonal fruits, then increase the quantity of that fruit more compared to others.
There is some uniqueness of food which will vary with every place, be different for every city and will change with every country. Yet there each on has its own specialty maintaining the authenticity of the traditional taste. In the above recipe, we have used boiled potatoes which are commonly used when you are making Chana Chaat at home. If the preparation for the Dahi Papdi Chaat has the potato as one of the key ingredients. Whereas the sweet potatoes are eaten alone with the little sprinkle of Chaat masala powder and the drizzle of lemon juice over them.
We are aware that during the time of Ramadan which usually comes in the season of summer or the early summer. During Ramadan, the fast is broken by eating fruit Chaat along with various so many delicious food items. It’s a joyful experience to have the delicious whole platter or various food items for your meal. We can consider that this yummy fruit Chaat is a stapled dish at the time of breaking Vrat. The fruits which are used in the fruit Chaat made for the fast are apricots, annars, apples, mangoes, bananas, grapes, peaches, plums, guavas etc., with a drizzle of citrus fruit juices like orange juice and lemon juice. Add the fruits to your Chaat based on the current season. Lastly, the Chaat is seasoned with the Chaat masala.
Chaat Masala is the most important ingredient for making the Fruit Chaat or any other Chaat. It is the spice mix which has a blend of a sweet and sour flavors. This spicy spice blend truly enhances the flavors and taste of the Chaat dish. It has the combination of dry Mango Powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and the crushed ginger. It has the mix of black salt with the normal salt which infuses pungent and strong flavors to the Chaat. Whenever you are going for a picnic or any long day out, then you can try to long cut the slices of mango and apples. Whenever you reach the destination, chop the fruits available, make the powder of chili, masala, and salt. Sprinkle this powder over the fruits and dip the fruits in your favorite dressing. This is a quick variation of fruit Chaat recipe for picnics and trips.
Not just making but there are various ways to eat this Fruit Chaat. Pair it with the boiled chickpeas simmered in spice powders having the spicy and tangy taste. You can do the tempering of basic spice powder, whole spices, and other Indian Condiments which give the warmth to the body. Add dry red chilies, green chilies, curry leaves or bay leaf to your sizzling hot tampering of chickpeas. To give you chickpea a tinge of tanginess, drizzle the tamarind-date chutney over them and give a quick stir. If you like you could simmer them till the sour and sweet chutney is coated evenly.
The mixed combination of the sweet taste with the spicy flavors along with the tarty and tangy chickpeas may sound unusual yet it’s really praiseworthy. This fusion of sweet fruit dish with the chatpata chickpea is definitely worth the try. Cut the fruits in small cubes, make their Chaat and stir it with the chickpea. Similar to various other Chaat’s, if you are murmura at home, then you make yummy murmura Chaat with similar spices and masalas. With the little drizzle of lemon juice and the addition of Hing powder, your murmura Chaat would really turn out to be great.
This fruit Chaat is a healthy and quick recipe for evening snack which you have it warm veg grilled the sandwich. If you like Chatpata Chaat, then you would be interested in making different types of flavorful Chaat at home. The healthy amongst all would be the Kala Chana Chaat due to the presence of chickpeas. For more recipes related to Mixed Fruit Chaat you might want to check Fruit Milkshake, Fruit Ice-cream, Fruit Custard, Fruit Raita and Fruit Cake.