The imagination of this creamy, cheese and crunchy sandwich itself makes your jaw drop. This tasty sandwich is really easy to make at home. Healthy vegetables in between bread slices are always healthful and tasteful. The Veg Grilled Sandwich Recipe is a wonderful way of making healthy and filling food with the few handy ingredients.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
There is no fixed method of making this sandwich, as it can be made in several ways and you can eat it with any of your course. You can have its texture as per your choice, you can be liberal to make it easy going to have it in the lean form. The proportion of vegetables is adjusted in such a manner that balances the nutrition quotient of the food intake. The slices of bread of the sandwich are grilled and made brown which gives the minor crunch with every bite. Apart from the stuffing of the veggies, there is a layer of cheese for the creaminess.
The filling of the sandwich is not random but a clever source of calcium, vitamin, proteins which gives you energy for the long day. It is a thoughtful snack which overpowers the taste of junk food. The brown grilled bread slices with the spread of creamy butter or cheese along with the spicy chutney are the perfect light meal or heavy snack option. The tanginess of tomato ketchup blends with the spiciness of spice powders and raises the flavors of the various vegetables.
If are planning to make this sandwich for the breakfast then you can make the make green chutney one night before and also you can boil the potatoes in the night only. This is will save time if you have to hurry up in the morning. Here I have used an electric grill sandwich maker, you can use an open grill or a stove top toaster also. The vegetables can be added according to your choice. Here I have used green chutney and tomato sauce to prepare the sandwich but you can use any other tasty and flavorful homemade chutney of your choice.
- The total time of cooking required for the Veg Grilled Sandwich Recipe is around 50 minutes. But if you already have coriander chutney and ketchup then it would take just a few minutes to assemble the ingredients and toast the bread.
- The mentioned proportion of ingredients in the recipe makes the sandwich can approximately serve 2 people.
- If you want to use various other veggies then, capsicum, shredded cabbage, grated carrot, beetroot, bell peppers can also be used.
- Herbs can also be used. Just spread dry herbs over the veggies and the taste will be increased.
- Low-fat butter can also be used if you are health seeker.
- If you love the taste and flavors of garlic, then use the garlic butter instead of the normal salted butter. It will give you the flavors of garlic bread.
- Also, you may learn to make Garlic chutney and apply it over your sandwich as an alternative to the tomato sauce.
- You can also keep the cheese slices between the bread slices before you keep the sandwich for grilling.
Cut the sandwich in a triangle shape and serve this with any of your favorite chutney, fresh tomato sauce and the baked potato chips for the bite of crunch. Sandwiches taste best when paired with orange juice or the refreshing tangy pineapple juice.
Garnish the Veg Grilled Sandwich with:
- Cilantro Leaves
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Melted Cheese
- Salad Lettuce
- When your sandwich is done, grate some cheddar cheese over the surface of the bread and sprinkle some red chili flakes. Allow the sandwich to toast on a pan over a medium flame till the cheese melts.
- In a baking tray, mix the chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber and the other veggies you are using. Sprinkle the spice powders and squeeze some lemon juice. Combine everything and keep the tray to bake for 10 minutes. Now spread this roasted mix of veggies between your bread slices.
- You can spread mayonnaise over the sandwich.
- Sandwiches go very well with the evening Masala Chai or hot coffee.
|50 minutes||3 to 4 people||550 calories|
If you want flavors of all spice mixes in sandwich, then sprinkle some sandwich masala to your veg grilled sandwich which will take its taste to another level. It is generally available in various supermarket stores as well but it is always better to the fresh homemade spice powder. To make the Sandwich Masala Powder you would need
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp.
- Black Salt – 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon Stick – ½ inch
- Cloves – around 15 cloves
- Dry Mango Powder – ½ tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp.
- Roasted Cumin Seeds – 2 tbsp.
Take these ingredients in a mortal pestle or a grinder and grind to make the fine powder. This a dry spice mix sandwich masala powder which has the combination of various spices powders, whole spices and other Indian condiments in one powder. So you don’t have to sprinkle various spices over the sandwich, just season your veg grilled sandwich the sandwich masala powder and see the difference in taste! If you made this in more quantity, then you can store it in the air tight container and use it again when you want to make the sandwich.
This Tasty crispy yummy veg grilled sandwich can be eaten in breakfast and in brunch. You can eat this Gorgeous and great looking veg grilled sandwich in lunch, or snack or dinner or weekend meals. This recipe is great as it is easy to make and also eat to pack this delicious Grilled veg sandwich. If you are planning picnic or day-out trip, then you can take the necessary ingredients including few veggies, a packet of bread and some spice powders. At the destination, whenever you are hungry, you can assemble the sandwich and eat it with or without grilling.
If you love grilled sandwiches than instead of having it plain try this veg grilled sandwich and would surely take your heart away. Especially the sprinkle of cumin powder can do wonders and this would be definitely your type of lunch. If you have grilling mode in your microwave then you make this sandwich in your microwave. You do not need to buy the griller toaster specially for making sandwiches. Whenever you are making the grilled veg sandwich in the microwave, keep the chopped pieces of mozzarella cheese inside the sandwich. This easy to make, simple, delicious, yummy, tasty and perfect tummy filing sandwich can be made regular and you can even have it for couple of days in a row.
This simple and easy to make grilled sandwich is similar to the popular Bombay style sandwich except that difference that we have grilled this sandwich. Generally, sandwiches are considered as the most famous street food of Mumbai, and they are available in different varieties. As we know sandwiches are favorite food of many of us, having the same veg grilled sandwich again and again might be boring and it would reduce the interest in eating sandwich. So each time you think of making a sandwich, try to experiment with the ingredients used in the sandwich and make it differently.
If you love chocolates, then learn to make the chocolaty chocolate sandwich at home and enjoy the taste of chocolate in the sandwich. No food is complete until it has paneer, and so is this sandwich, give your sandwich the tadka of paneer in the delicious paneer sandwich. Tweak with the traditional taste of sandwich and make it little sweet with the addition of corns in the Corn Sandwich. The veg cheese toast sandwich has the extra punch of cheese in all the layers of the bread. The other types of sandwiches you can try is the easy to make mushroom sandwich, multi-layered veg club sandwich, and plain Aloo Masala Sandwich.
Sandwiches are the one type of snacks which ensures that you do not go hungry and never stay out of food at any time of the day. Whichever season it is, the sandwich can easily be made with the available ingredients. There is no restriction of using only particular veggies in the sandwiches, you can make it with your favorite vegetable or as per the seasonal vegetables. The core ingredients required to make sandwiches is the bread which is readily available in all the stores irrespective of anywhere you are in the world. The fiber rich veggies make sure that the health and nutrient quotient is maintained whereas the spice powders balance the taste factor in the sandwich.
The green chutney which we have prepared to spread over this grilled sandwich also goes well with various other delicious and easy to prepare Indian snacks.