This Cabbage Vada Recipe is one of the best ways to use the leftover cabbage. Here, the cabbage is chopped and mixed with the healthy lentils. It is then flavoured with whole spices and spice powders. These delicious cabbage vada’s are exceptionally hearty, healthy, tasty and easy to make. This snack dish is the deep-fried fritters made from finely chopped cabbage, ground lentils, and seasoned with few spices. This savoury snack is refreshing and light to have on the stomach.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
- You can use mortar-pestle and crush black pepper, cumin seeds and fennel seeds instead of grinding them. It can enhance the taste.
- If you want to make cabbage Vada in the morning, you must soak the lentils overnight.
- If you want to make cabbage Vada in the evening, you can soak the lentils same day in the morning.
- If you wish, you can add soda in the batter as well. But I recommend you not to use.
- For the healthier version, you can bake the Vada. But the taste and texture would be different.
- You can add other vegetables such as carrot, beans etc. along with cabbage.
- You can make the Vada with either only Chana Dal or Urad Dal.
Serving & Garnishing:
- You can make Vada in any shape of your choice and serve.
- Serve hot cabbage vada’s with cold homemade tomato ketchup.
- You can enjoy these vada’s with refreshing coriander chutney as well.
- Try them with a cup of warm masala chai in the evening.
- Sprinkle Chaat masala and serve them to your kids.
The preparation of the cabbage Vada is similar to regular Medu Vada. The chopped cabbage has the same crunch and pungent smell which is similar to onion in the Medu Vada. The difference is the Medu Vada and Cabbage Vada is only of the main ingredient. Here we have used cabbage as a core element of the dish and onion is skipped. The fennel seeds add slight sweetness to this spicy snack.
Get Recipes in your inbox