You’re definitely going to love this savoury dish of Pan Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce Recipe. Especially if you are a vegan and looking for alternatives of Fried Paneer, then this dish will satisfy your need. The delicious tofu would become dense and chewy on being fried. Dip it into the caramelized peanut sauce and cherish eating this tasty tofu dish. It is a vegan recipe where you have to fry the tofu in the pan and serve it with peanut sauce made from peanut butter. It is simple to follow this recipe, start to prepare it for your dinner tonight! Though you can have it anytime you wish to, but this healthy dish is ideal to make when you are feeling lazy to cook.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This peanut flavoured fried tofu recipe is relatively easy to make when compared to other starters and fried snacks. Even the peanut sauce which has to be paired with tofu is just so easy and tasty. There is not much of alteration you do can with the taste of tofu. But you can still make the batter in which the tofu is dipped as per the taste of your choice. Your taste buds would instantly adapt to the super sweet peanut butter sauce. This crispy fried tofu with the creamy peanut sauce is an absolute heavenly meal to have.
This pan-fried crunchy tofu with the peanut butter dip makes a meal that’s entirely vegan as well totally gluten free. These tofu cubes have crunchy outer layer but they are soft from inside. The combination of crispy and warm at the same time is a treat to eat. Try to experiment fried tofu with peanut sauce and you will have the perfect easy mid-day meal that’s hearty and healthy. This exciting and delicious fried tofu is super yummy and a tummy filling snack. It is not too spicy, neither too mild nor too sweet, it is loaded with balanced flavours.
- The total time required for the Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce Recipe takes 35 minutes. It would need 30 minutes to coat and fry tofu. Whereas it would take 5 minutes for the making of peanut butter.
- The measured proportion of ingredients in this recipe makes tofu which sufficiently serves 2 to 3 people. You can double or triple the recipe if you want to make it for more people.
- Do not over fry the tofu. So, pay attention when frying. Turn the sides as soon as the colour is lightly golden.
- You can make the same dish with paneer instead of tofu.
- Make sure your batter is not too thin or too thick.
- If your batter is too thick, add some water in it.
- If your batter is too thin, add some Maida as well as cornflour along with some salt.
- If you don’t like peanut sauce, you can make another dip as well. (List of various dips)
- Generally, tofu from small shops is not in good condition so wash them before use.
- While frying, don’t deep fry it or it will become too oily to eat.
Serve this fried tofu hot right from the frying pan as a snack or as a light appetizer. Eating the fried tofu with peanut butter is itself a good combination and makes for a delicious appetizer. You can serve it with hot and warm Veg Manchow Soup Recipe in the form of starter. For the best results, keep side dish of sautéed red, green and yellow peppers along with boiled green beans.
- You can also serve it with homemade tomato ketchup.
- You can even try this with green Coriander chutney.
- You can the pair the zippy peanut tofu with some steamed rice.
- You can have it with any of your favourite vegetable curry or fried veggies.
To make the plate more attractive, you can:
- Sprinkle Maggie Magic Masala or Chaat Masala over the tofu. Your kids will like it.
- Grate the cheese over the fried tofu. It would be the double cheese bonanza.
- If the Sichuan pepper is available, then add 1 or 2 crushed peppers.
- You can cut the tofu in any other shape like triangle or rectangle as well.
- To make the perfectly fried tofu, keep the consistency of batter medium. It should not be too thin nor too thick.
- If you like garlic flavour, then sprinkle 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You must adjust the amount of tofu and sauce based on the serving.
You can also use the soy milk along with the soy sauce in the making of peanut sauce. If you like the taste and flavour of coconut, then add the coconut milk with the peanut butter and other ingredients. The peanut sauce can be made in the microwave as well if you do not want to make it on the stove. It is of little mild-flavours, so if you want spicier then add more red chilli powder or chilli flakes. Also, you can squeeze ½ tsp. of lime juice for the extra tanginess. The peanut sauce is good and can go with any light flavoured Indian snack. So, make it in bulk and store in the refrigerator to have it later with other fried crispy and crunchy food item. This smooth and creamy peanut butter sauce can be used for Kachumber salad dressing too.