This delicious Dabeli Masala is popularly known as Kutchi Masala. It is the core element of the tangy and mouth-watering street food Dabeli. The real taste of the Dabeli lies in the Dabeli Masala. If you prefer to make the homemade masala’s instead of buying from stores, then here is the simple Dabeli Masala Recipe. The perfect texture and taste of Dabeli Masala are dependent on the whole spices you use.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Dabeli is the most famous snack sold on streets of Gujarat and Mumbai. Dabeli is made with mild, sweet yet spicy potato mixture. The potato stuffing is placed into a small burger bun and then topped with various chutney’s and other ingredients. Whether you eat it from street vendors or you prepare at home, the taste of you Dabeli will be based on quality and taste of your Dabeli Masala. The Dabeli masala made from fresh whole spices is preferred by people to get taste like food stalls.
This is the authentic recipe of making Dabeli Masala at home. These fresh whole spices when roasted become fully fragrant and highly aromatic. No spice mixture can beat the traditional recipe of Kutchi Dabeli Masala. Prepare the fresh and hygienic Dabeli Masala at home. Store it and use it easily while assembling Dabeli.
- Do not over-roast the spices.
- If you do not have coriander powder, you can make coriander powder at home.
- I recommend you to use Kashmiri Red Chillies and make red chilli powder of it. You can even use the packed Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Do not store the Dabeli Masala more than 3-5 days. (depends on atmospheric condition)
- You can also use oil to make the thick paste of the Dabeli Masala spice powder.
- To balance flavours, you may add salt as per your choice.
- If you like the garlic taste, you can add ½ tsp. garlic powder.
- This masala can also be used for Pav Bhaji or as a substitute to regular homemade Garam masala.
Get Recipes in your inbox