The Bombay Pav recipe makes the homemade bread rolls made of Maida. They are soft to eat with a light texture. The Pav is also pronounced as “pao” is just a tiny portion loaf of bread. It is very easy to make Mumbai Laadi Pav at home. It can be prepared without much of efforts. Laadi Pav is the small round rolls of soft and smooth white bread.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The baking shops or the commercial stores, prepare the Pav with the Maida (all-purpose flour). But if you are making in small quantity at home, then you can go with health and use wheat flour. Any flour can be used as well but there will be a change in taste and texture. With variation in flour, the bun won’t be dense and might become chewy. You can both Maida and wheat flour as well in equal proportions.
Follow the recipe method shown here and learn how to make Mumbai Pav at home. After preparing the dough, you have to leave it for a while. This polish method of leaving the dough makes it soft, smooth and spongy. The yeast raises the volume of dough, add any yeast. It also gives the bakery like aroma to the homemade Bombay Pav.
- Do not knead a tough dough. The dough should be soft.
- Do not use the dough until and unless it is doubled. If it takes time, then this can be because of the yeast quality.
- If the dough is sticky, add some flour.
- If the dough is dry, add some water.
- Do not overbake the dough balls or it might become hard.
- You can knead the dough in the food processor or the electric mixer with the paddle attachment.
- To avoid the browning of the surface, place the butter paper on the bun.
- You can make the Bombay Pav Recipe in the pressure cooker as well.
- For all the health conscious people, use whole wheat.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Serve it with hot and spicy masala chai in the evening.
- Cut the Laadi Pav from the centre and add homemade makkhan on it.
- Spread any type of chutney of your choice over this bun and enjoy eating it.
- You can use this Bombay Laadi Pav with Pav Bhaji as well.
- You can pair it with Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav or the homemade delicious Dabeli.