Dal pakwan Recipe is an authentic Sindhi Recipe. It is usually preferred in breakfast. Here tempered dal is served with pakwan. Pakwan is crisp flat bread. Dal pakwan is served with onion and green chutney and tamarind chutney. Here I have pressure cooked the dal but it can be cooked in a pan also. But pressure cooker saves time and LPG gas both. Addition of carom seeds, cumin seeds increases the taste of pakwan. These pakwans can be eaten with tea also.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like:
Garnishing and serving:
- Spread some hot dal on the pakwan.
- Now sprinkle chopped onion and green coriander leaves.
- Serve with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Total time of cooking is 55 minutes.
- Serves 6 people.
- Keep flame medium while frying pakwan otherwise it will not be crispy.
- Amchur or dry mango powder can also be added in the dal.
- In the dough of pakwan along with cumin seeds carom seeds and black Pepper powder can also be added.
- A combination of all purpose and wheat flour can be done to keep it healthy. Take both in equal measure.
- While pressure cooking keep in mind that the dal is cooked but not overcooked the grains has to be whole and separated.
- Pakwan can be stored in an airtight container.