Festival season and your thoughts can’t click what to cook? Start recalling names of most special sweet items you know. The name “Carrot Halwa” is something that you won’t skip for sure. The extraordinary flavors in the Carrot Halwa Recipe is due to the combination of grated carrots with milkmaid. The seasoning of the nuts over the Halwa is an extra bonus.
Both carrots and nuts are healthy to have. All the health cautious people also eat the lip-smacking Gajar ka Halwa. It the dessert dish rich in health, looks and taste.
Gajar ka Halwa / Carrot Halwa
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: Popularly known as “Gajar ka Halwa”, is most favorite sweet dish for the special occasions. The Magnificent look and delightful taste of the dish is like the match made in heaven. The unusual fudge texture is delicious. The light caramel texture makes everyone tempt for it. Make your festival even more special with the amazing aroma of this dessert. Follow the recipe step by step and achieve success in first attempt. So are ready to prepare it right away?
Carrot Halwa Recipe Ingredients:
- Carrots – 2 ½ cup (finely grated)
- Condensed Milk – 3 ½ cup (boiled)
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tbsp.
- Chopped Nuts – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp.
- Khoya – ¼ cup (crumbled)
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Dates – ½ cup
Note: You granulated sugar, and not the sugar cubes. You can either add raw nut or fry them before sprinkling.
Carrot Halwa Recipe Steps:
- Grate the Carrots: Rinse the carrots properly under the fresh tap water. Wash them and dry with a muslin cloth. Trim the edges of the carrot and properly peel of their skin. Grate the carrots and shift them to the bowl.
Note: Coarsely grate the carrots with help of grater.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat the ghee over a medium flame. Once the ghee is melted, add the grated carrot. Sauté the grated carrots till they shrink and the raw smell vanishes. Add milk after 5 minutes and stir the mixture continuously for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the milk over the low flame and let the carrots become tender and soft. Stir the mixture on low flame till the bubbles start blowing. While you reduce the milk, scrape the halwa from the sides. When all the milk is reduced and soaked by the gajar, add sugar.
- Add khoya to this mixture and whisk well. Keeping stirring the runny mixture so that it does not get stick to pan.
- Add ghee in the increase of 1/3 tbsp.
- When you feel the mixture has turned sticky, add cardamom powder. Simmer until the milk evaporates.
- Sprinkle some nuts, to season the mixture with flavors of nuts.
And the hot dashing deep reddish Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.
Note: The final texture should be bright orange and smooth.
Calories: 342 calories
- Total Time: PT40M
- Serves: 2
- Date Published: 2016-08-10
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- The Carrot Halwa Recipe gets together in less than 1 hour.
- Refrain from adding sugar till the carrots are cooked.
- Do not substitute ghee with oil or butter.
- It is recommended to use a heavy utensil.
- It can be stored for at least 4 days in refrigerator.
- The texture of the color will vary with the measurement of ingredients.
- You can use pressure cooker instead of sauce-pan.
You can also cut the square pieces of Carrot Halwa and serve the dessert in a bowl or plate. Garnish it with:
- Pistachios Pieces
- Raisins / Green Grapes
- Saffron Strands
- Whipped Cream / Ice Cream
Image Credit : Archanaskitchen