The gorgeous bright colored Ladoo are favorite not only of lord Ganesh but also all of his devotees. There is a lot of precision and precaution required to follow the Motichoor Ladoo Recipe. Though the recipe sounds simple to and steps are easy to understand, yet it may take little hard work to prepare them at home. But if you have any festival in the coming days, then you can pre-prepare for it in advice. It is sweet dish whose flavors are commonly savored across the country.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The Motichoor Ladoo Recipe is time consuming and requires hard work but it’s easy to follow. Follow the recipe step by step and make them at home today!
Motichoor Ladoo Recipe Ingredients:
- Gram Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Cooking Soda – a small pinch
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp.
- Pistachios – ½ tbsp.
- Saffron Threads – few pinch
- Cloves – ½ tsp.
- Color Essence – a small pinch
- Cardamom Seeds – 2 black cardamoms
- Cashew Nuts – ½ cup
- Raisins – ½ cup
- Melon Seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Sugar Candy – 10 pieces
- Ghee – ¾ tbsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Warm Water – 1 ¾ cup
Note: Use either orange or yellow colored essence.
Motichoor Ladoo Recipe Steps:
- Roughly chop the cloves, cardamom seeds, pistachios, cashews nuts, and raisins.
- Take a pan, melt ghee and fry cashews, raisins, cloves and cardamom seeds. Take a mortar pestle and grind to powder form.
- Sugar Syrup:
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Dissolve the sugar syrup over the stove on a low heat.
- Also, add the saffron threads into this mixture.
- Cook till you get the thick thread like consistency.
- Turn off the flame of the stove.
- Keep this syrup aside in a pan.
Note: Do not let sugar syrup cool down.
- In a large mixing bowl, take the gram flour and sieve it along with baking soda.
- Then into this mixture, mix saffron strands.
- Mix these dry ingredients properly to make the batter of Boondi.
- Then slowly and gradually add water to make the batter smooth and thick paste.
- It is very important to get the correct, i.e. mildly thick consistency.
- Now take a very minor amount of the batter and roll it round.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat oil over a high flame. The oil has to be moderately hot when you fry the Motichoor Ladoo.
- When the oil starts to crackle, add the small round shaped a ball of the Boondi batter.
- If the batter on dropping into the oil becomes flat means it is thin and needs correction.
- So to correct the consistency, add some gram flour and again repeat the test.
- Similarly, if it becomes like a tail from ends means that it is thick and also needs correction.
- In this case, if you want to correct the consistency then add some water and again check for the consistency test.
- Once you have achieved the correct consistency, you can start frying the Boondi.
- Firstly, shape all the batter to the small round balls.
- If you do not want to form tiny balls or if you are unable to form the tiny balls then follow the below step.
- Take a perforated ladle and place it above the oil.
- Now add some batter into this spoon with help of another utensil.
- Spread the batter evenly over the perforated ladle.
- Submerge the ladle into the hot oil and let the Boondi fry.
- Fry them properly till they are well cooked.
- Do not over fry them which will make them crispy.
- The correct time to remove the Boondi is when the oil starts to sizzle.
- Take another large ladle to remove the Motichoor Ladoo from the frying pan.
- Strain them with the slotted spoon and either place them on an oil absorbent paper or directly dip into the sugar syrup.
- This way, finish up the entire batter by spreading it over the ladle, frying the tiny Boondi and adding to the sugar syrup.
- Take care, that after each batch of batter, you wipe the ladle.
- Use any cloth or the kitchen towel to clean the ladle of frying from both the sides.
- Now into this syrup, add the other ingredients such as ghee, dry fruits, seeds, powders and sugar candy.
- If you like, at this point you may some color essence into the mixture. You can either add both yellow and orange or choose any one.
- Mix these ingredients well with each other.
- In a blender, add this Motichoor Ladoo mixture with sugar syrup.
- Also, add hot water into the blender.
- Keep the grinder on for few minutes and for few times to get the smaller shape.
- Do not add too much water. The amount of the water depends on the texture of the Boondi.
- Now add the melon and the cardamom seeds and again grind.
- Once it was done, transfer it to another bowl.
- Grease your palm with the ghee or butter and start making small balls.
- The round balls that you rolled are called as Ladoo.
- You can place the delicious Ladoo inside the cupcake liner or the muffin liner.
- Decorate the top of Ladoo by seasoning them with sliced pistachio.
And the magnificent Motichoor Ladoo are ready to be gulped down!
Note: Keep the perforated ladle at the considerable distance above from the frying pan but do not keep too high. You can also crush the Boondi with the hands.
Calories: 150 calories
- Total Time: PT30M
- Serves: 10
- Date Published: 2016-09-28
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It always preferred to have fresh sweet with homely ingredients rather than buying from the sweet shops. When you make at home, you can make as much as you want and use only those ingredients which suit your body. You can be flexible and make it when you have plenty of time as it is time-consuming. You can also be assured of the quality at the same time maintaining the quantity. It is a tough and tedious task to bind these Ladoo as they keep crumbling but the end tastes it worth the wait.
The soft texture of sweet Motichoor Ladoo instantly melts in the mouth. It would not be considered as boasting if I say that no sweet dish can beat the taste of Motichoor Ladoo. The subtle combination of sweet taste and soft texture bring to the genuine conclusion that these creamy ladoo’s are the best Mithai! So serve these sweet golden textured Ladoo in Prasad whenever you have a puja at home.
If you are diabetic, then also you must deprive yourself of eating these delicious Motichoor Ladoo which are rich in flavors. But to be health conscious you can reduce the proportion of ghee and sugar in its making. Also keep control over your diet and eat only one small Ladoo. If you have determined once to make then try it even though you are a beginner in the sweets. Impress your guest and surprise your kids with this delicious delicacy.
- The Motichoor Ladoo Recipe requires 30 minutes to assemble and make at home.
- The measure proportion of ingredients quantifies to make it for 10 people. You can increase or decrease as per the number of serving.
- The prepared Ladoo can be kept in airtight container and stored in a fridge.
- You can skip adding saffron or the color essence.
- You can refrigerate them as long as you are not using ghee.
Serve the Motichoor Ladoo as a delicate sweet dish with a complete meal. Garnish the circular surface of Ladoo with: