When I was in school we use to get muffin on the day of Christmas celebration. We all use to wait for it . I think in the same way all children love muffins. A variety of muffins can be made like blueberry, banana, chocolate, choco-chips, etc. But today we are going to discuss the basic version of muffins. Firstly expertise in this and then we will discuss other versions also.
- Author: Chandni Agrawal
- Recipe Category: Baked
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: Muffins are baked in oven but here I have discussed how to make without oven using a gas tandoor, and in a microwave also. So get ready to make this muffins and serve to your children.
Ingredients Required for Muffins Recipe :
- All purpose flour-2 cups
- Baking powder- 3 tsp
- Salt – ½ TSP
- Milk – 1 cup
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Sugar -¾ cup
- Egg – 1
Method of Making Muffins :
Making Muffins in Oven :
- Take a bowl add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Break egg and add in other bowl. Add milk and oil in the egg. Beat properly.
- Now take the bowl in which we added the flour. Make a well in between. Now add the mixture of egg, oil and sugar in that well.
- Mix the batter in a circular motion. You can use a hand blender also.Take care that no lumps are formed.
- Take muffin tray, grease it with oil or butter.
- If you want you can use muffin paper cups also. Arrange the in the tray.
- Now pour spoonful of batter in the tray. Do not fill the whole completely because the muffins will puff so it requires space.
- Now preheat oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Now bake the muffins at 200 degree Celsius for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the tray out. Remove muffins and serve hot.
Making Muffins in Microwave :
- Take silicon muffin mould line them with muffin paper. Pour batter in them.
- Now put the mould in the microwave wave.
- Turn the microwave to max power and bake for 15 minutes. It can take more or less time also.check with a toothpick.
Making Muffins Without Microwave :
- Here a gas tandoor/ bati cooker is used to bake the muffins.
- Take muffin tins/ mould, put muffin paper in them .
- Pour batter in the mould. Fill the mould ¾th
- Take the gas tandoor heat it on the stove .Now put the mould in the tandoor. Cover with lid. Bake for 15 minutes or more until golden brown.
- Check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then your muffins are ready
Calories: 377 calories
- Total Time: PT35M
- Serves: 6
- Date Published: 2016-07-23
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- Cooking time is 30-35 minutes only .
- Instead of milk fresh curd can also be used.
- If the batter is thick add more milk in it, adjust accordingly.
- Vanilla essence can be used 1 tsp
- There are various ingredients that can be used in a muffin.
- If you don’t have gas tandoor other option is a pressure cooker. Remove whistle from the lid. Take a pressure cooker put a round stand in it. Now put a perforated plate on that stand. Now place the muffins tins on the plate. Cover with the lid without whistle. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Check with a toothpick.
- The flame of the stove has to be low to medium while using a gas tandoor or a pressure cooker.
Image Credit : Apronclad