It is never easy to cut down on calories and follow strict diet, especially if you are a food lover. There is nothing like the Fresh Mangoes, and it is tough to ignore them in summers. This Mango Mousse is a sweet alternative to any dessert. The light and fluffy Mango Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe gives creamy party to your taste buds.
Mango Passion Fruit Mousse
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Dessert
Description: The combination of mango and passion fruit is extremely rich and liberates delicious flavor. This sweet and saccharine pudding provides a decadent ending for any occasion.
Mango Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe Ingredients:
- Fresh Mango – 1 large cup
- Passion Fruit – 1 cups
- Gelatin – 1 tbsp.
- Grated Lemon – ½ cup (finely grated)
- Lime Juice – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Natural Yogurt – ½ cup
- Egg White – 2 eggs
Note: While selecting the Mangoes, take care they are ripe and juicy.
Mango Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe Steps:
- Wash the mango properly under the cold water tap. Rinse and clean with cloth. Peel off the skin and chop into fine pieces.
- Rinse the passion fruit with fresh water and cut into two equal halves.
- Take cold bowl of water and soak gelatin for 10 minutes.
- In a food blender, add the chopped pieces of mango, and blend till the pieces turn into soft puree.
- Take one of mango puree and fill into the flesh of passion fruit seeds. Stir and keep aside to rest.
- Heat the saucepan under a medium flame, mix sugar along with grated lemon and lime juice. Stir until the sugar disappears.
- Take the gelatin from the water, squeeze the extra water from it and stir into the pan properly till it dissolves. Turn off the flame and leave the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a jar, pour the mixture with puree enough to make it 300 ml. Keep the remaining puree reserved for further use.
- Add yogurt to this jar.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white along with sugar until it is firm and glossy.
- With the help of spoon, create layers of puree and meringue in a fin a fancy glass.
Keep the mousse in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Calories: 159 calories
- Total Time: PT15M
- Serves: 5
- Date Published: 2016-07-23
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- The Mango Passion Fruit Mousse Recipe gets prepared quickly and easily in 5 minutes if you follow the instructions wisely.
- The quantity of ingredients mentioned roughly serves 5 people.
- If you are vegetarian and want to avoid eggs, then replace egg white with:
- Sour Cream
- Banana Puree
- Apple Sauce
- Pumpkin mixture
Note: The choice of substitute for the egg white depends on the purpose of using the eggs.
Garnish the creamy mousse with –
- Tropical Fruit Salad – Pineapple, Peach, Pumpkin, Kiwi
- Fruit Jellies
- Mint Leaves
- Chocolate Sticks
Image Credit : Great British Chefs