Wondering which warm soup to have in winters? The soup option which instantly pops up is a “classic tomato soup”! But how about trying the traditional tomato soup with a tango twist? Imagine the delightful taste of tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions. Ignite your dull spirits in winters with the Ravishing Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe.
Roasted Tomato Soup
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe gets prepared quickly. This soup is light to have and the combination of roasted tomatoes with onions and garlic is a treat.
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- Ripe Tomatoes – 2 cups (5 large tomatoes)
- Garlic Cloves – ½ cup (6 to 7 pieces)
- Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Butter – 2 ½ tbsp.
- Margarine (Butter Spread) – 2 tbsp.
- Bay Leaves – ½ cup (2 leaves )
- Basil Leaves – ½ cup (3 to 4 leaves)
- Sour Cream – ¾ cup
- Cherry Tomatoes – ¼ cup
- Warm Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – ¼ tsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp.
Note: You can mix different types of tomatoes.
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Finely sliced the Onions into equal length pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes, peel off their skin and cut them into equal halves. After you rinse the tomato, pull off their top but keep seeds.
Note: You can also pre-heat oven to 450 degrees C.
- Take a baking tray and apply the margarine over it.
- Spread the tomatoes and onions in the baking tray.
- Also, add the garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes on the top.
- Drizzle ½ cup of olive oil over the spread ingredients evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper in the required amount.
- Add sugar if you like.
- Keep the baking tray in the oven and let the mixture caramelizes.
- Wait till it roasts completely for half an hour.
- Tomatoes should have shrunk properly and must have become golden.
- Take the baking tray out from the oven.
- Keep it on the wire to cool down.
- Pull the cherry tomatoes and keep them in the bowl for later.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients in the tray to the blender or mixer.
- Blend till it becomes a smooth puree. Keep adding water at regular increments.
- Heat the butter over the high flame in a medium-sized deep saucepan.
- In the pan, saute basil and bay leaves.
- Return the smooth soup puree in this heated pan.
- Add the sour heavy cream and adjust the consistency.
- Stir the sour cream for few minutes till it achieves smooth and creamy texture.
- Check the sides to avoid it from getting burned. Simmer for 10 minutes till it gets cooked completely.
- Cover the pan, and bring the soup to the boiling point.
And the ravishing roasted tomato soup is ready! Take a warm sip.
Note: The soup can be stored in a container and refrigerated for a week.
Calories: 176 calories
- Total Time: PT50M
- Serves: 3
- Date Published: 2016-08-28
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It is one of the best soups to have in the soup season. The roasted version of tomato soup is highly popular amongst the community of soup lovers. The combination of roasted tomato with garlic and onions makes an excellent recipe which complements the winter warmth. This soup helps to overcome the winter coziness as contradicts with the cold.
The preparation for the roasted tomato soup is easily manageable. There is no hotchpotch in the ingredient collection as well. Just pluck the fresh tomatoes from the garden or use the one’s stored in your fridge and get started with the soup.
The fabulous flavor of the soup is just from few simple ingredients. Pair it with any heavy meal or slurp alone, it will provide comfort to your hunger. If you are making it for the first time, don’t hesitate with baking tomatoes. Read the recipe, and rely on your cooking skills.
- The roasted tomato soup recipe requires about 50 minutes to cook.
- If you want to have low-fat soup then, it is advisable to use fat-free sour cream which balances taste and health.
- You can skip adding the water if the tomatoes are already juicy.
- Similarly, the need of sugar is only when you feel the bitter taste.
- For the extra sizzling and spicy soup, add cayenne peppers.
- Along with the onions, you can use red bell peppers too.
Ladle the soup in a shallow soup bowl. Serve it toasted breads, garlic breads or croutons. Garnish soup dish it with:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Whipped Cream / Grated Cheese
- Mint Leaves / Cilantro Leaves
Image Credit : Lifeasastrawberry