Tasty and tangy tomato soup, the name itself brings water in your mouth. The soup section in the menu of Indian restaurants is incomplete without this delicious tomato soup. It is the most popular vegetable soup which is also the favourite of many. The tomato soup recipe is most common among the various soups which can be made at home. The tangy tomatoes transform into the sweet, sour and bit spicy stew tossed with spices. It is a delight to have juicy tomatoes in the form of healthy soup.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The outcome of this tomato soup recipe will have restaurant style soup with awesome taste. But the soup would also have warmth and the comfort of homemade food. There is nothing more satisfying than a bowl of hot soup. It is an ideal appetizer to serve at parties and small functions. The traditional recipe of delicious tomato soup is easy, simple and quick to follow. The tomato soup with the tang of tomatoes is a treat for our taste buds.
The basic soup gets prepared with just tomatoes, onions and the butter. The rest of the ingredients are added to enrich the flavours, texture and taste of the soup. Fresh, ripe and red coloured tomatoes are key to make the best-tasting tomato soup. As the tomatoes are the core element of this dish, they need to be ripe, pulpy and juicy. If you add unripe tomatoes, then the taste will be not good. The addition of all-purpose flour or any other white sauce gives the thick, buttery and creamy texture to the soup.
- The time required for the cooking of Tomato Soup Recipe is 35 to 40 minutes
- The mentioned proportion of ingredients makes soup which serves 2 people.
- If the tomatoes are not very much red in colour and you don’t get the desired colour of the soup, then you can add a small piece of beetroot. Add it while boiling the tomatoes.
- Even the grated or sliced carrot can also be added to the tomato soup.
- Choose the fresh and ripe tomatoes. The tomatoes themselves will impart the orange-red colour to the soup.
- For the Jain version, you can avoid using onions and garlic.
- You can store the tomato puree you made and use it later.
- This tomato puree can go well for the spread of pizza or for the base of lasagna.
- Keep the balance of flavours in the soup. It should have tanginess of tomatoes and sweetness of sugar. It also must have sourness of cream.
- It is very important to blanch the tomatoes properly to maintain the consistency of the soup.
Ladle the hot tomato soup in the serving soup bowl. Add the bread croutons you prepared to the soup before you serve it. Check the seasoning of the soup, then grab a bowl of it and have it with warm veg grilled cheese sandwich. Tomato Soup is always one of the greatest starter options. It goes perfectly well with a light meal or with a bowl of creamy Russian salad. Place few slices of crusty bread as a side serve with soup.
Garnish it with:
- A drizzle of Fresh Cream.
- Chopped Parsley Leaves
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- If you are using Corn flour, then make a smooth paste of cornstarch with 1 tsp. of corn flour and 2 tbsp. of water.
- If you are in hurry, then you can use canned tomatoes.
- Have this tomato soup with the dish of delicious baked cheese macaroni pasta. It would be the best appetizer to serve with pasta made for the party.
- Tip to choose the best tomatoes: Choose the elegant tomatoes with a deep-red classic colour. It should be soft to hold and must be easily pressed with your thumb. It should have a thin skin with sweet and juicy flesh. They should release the flavorful aroma when they are cooked. If you choose the right tomatoes, your soup will turn out to be superb.
|35 minutes||2 to 3 people||250 calories|
The method we have used for making the tomato puree is simple and easy. We have strained the tomato puree to get the smooth and thin consistency. But we have not strained the tomato soup. You might think that without straining, the onions and garlic won’t blend with tomatoes but that is incorrect. The pungent taste of onions and the spicy flavours of the garlic are felt while we are having the soup, even if we do not strain it. However, if you wish to have a tomato soup with a smoother consistency, then there is one more method by which you can make tomato puree. Below mentioned are the steps for the second method.
Another Method for Making Tomato Soup at Home:
- You have to heat a pan and add ½ tsp. of butter.
- When the butter is melted, then add bay leaf and ½ tsp. of crushed garlic.
- Sauté the garlic till it starts to release the aroma.
- When raw smell goes away, add the finely chopped onions to the pan.
- Cook the onions, sauté them till they become golden.
- Now add the chopped and boiled tomatoes.
- Pour in the water to the pan.
- Season the mixture with the salt.
- Put the lid, cover the pan and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Now, switch off the flame and wait till the mixture cools down a bit.
- Discard the Bay leaf as you did in the first method.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl or pot.
- Then with the help of hand blender blend everything in the.
- Strain the puree through a soup strainer.
- Transfer this puree back to the heated pan.
- After you pour it back, sprinkle some black pepper powder.
- Season the mixture with the sugar.
- On the low flame, simmer the soup and bring to boil.
- Pour in the water to get the required consistency.
- When the soup is boiled, add cream. Mix everything and switch off the flame
Making the tasty and tangy tomato soup at home is so easy! The tomato soup we made is a simple classic recipe. But you can tweak with the traditional recipe, and give it your twist. If you want to experiment with tomato flavoured soup, then you can learn to make the roasted tomato soup at home. There are various other variety of restaurant style soups which are equally easy and simple to make. You may also make the soups from the seasonal veggies which are healthy to eat.