The veggies and the herbs used in the making of Kale Salad Recipe come together to give divine flavors. There is perfect balance of taste between all the food elements used. The salad dish in itself is a complete lunch pack when you are feeling lazy to cook. It is favorite meal option for many health-conscious food lovers!
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Salads
- Recipe Cuisine: American
Description: It is extremely simple, easy and quick to combine all the veggies. Prepare at home and have super fun in eating the colorful salad with beautiful texture, amazing taste, and lots of proteins.
Kale Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- Garbanzo Beans – 1 Bottle Can
- Green Kale Leaves – 4 large bunches
- Cucumber – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Zucchini – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Red Bell Peppers – ½ cup
- Green Bell Peppers – ½ cup
- Yellow Bell Peppers – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 cup (large sized finely chopped)
- Herbs : Fresh Mint and Dill Leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp.
- Olive Oil – 5 tbsp.
- Vinegar – ½ tbsp.
- Black Pepper – less than ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
Note: Garbanzo Beans are popular known as Chick Peas or Bengal Gram.
Kale Salad Recipe Steps:
- Drain and Rinse well the Garbanzo beans before using them.
- Remove the ribs from leaves of Kale. Wash the kale leaves with fresh water and stem well for 10 minutes till they are cooked. Chop them into small pieces and soften with your hands.
Note: Chop the veggies of same size as Garbanzo Beans.
- In a large bowl, mix all the veggies and herbs. Then add beans to the salad bowl and squeeze lemon juice over it. Drizzle the mixture with the Olive Oil and Vinegar. Sprinkle sea salt and pepper with pinch of hand and give a toss.
- Combine the ingredients properly and let it rest for couple of minutes.
Note: The kale salad can stay edible for 5 days. Store in air tight container and keep it in refrigerator.
Calories: 130 calories
- Total Time: PT10M
- Serves: 1
- Date Published: 2016-07-19
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- The Kale Salad Recipe requires only 10 minutes to get together.
- The measured ingredients quantity approximately serves 5 people.
Drizzle salad dressing over the salad and serve in a shallow bowl. Garnish the salad plate with –
- Lemon Wedges
- Chopped Raw Fruits
- Toasted Nuts
- Grated Cheese
Image Credit : Huffingtonpost