Croutons are great companion of salads, soups and pastas. Dip them in soup or crush them on Salads it will enhance the taste and give you a nice crunchy feeling. They are easily available in market in ready made from. But as I always say homemade things are always better and special.
- Author: Chandni Agrawal
- Recipe Category: Extra
Description: Croutons is mostly prepared form stale bread but fresh bread is also used.
Croutons are pieces of bread which is roasted. It can be prepared in various ways :-
- in oven
- roasted in a pan.
Ingredients Required for Making Croutons :
- Bread – 4 slice
- Melted Butter
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves ( optional)
- Mixed herbs dry (optional)
- Olive oil -2 tbsp ( for pan method)
Method of Making Croutons :
- Cut bread in the shape of cubes.
- Crush garlic very finely
- Removing the crust of bread is optional. It depends on your choice .
1) IN OVEN :
- Preheat oven at 350 degree.
- Now brush the bread cubes with melted butter on both sides.
- Apply garlic paste on above side
- Sprinkle dry herb powder on it
- Arrange on a cookie sheet .
- Now bake for 15 mins at 350 degree or until brown .
- Take out of oven let it cool.
- Now store in a air tight container.
2) IN PAN :
- Cut the bread in cube shape.
- Now take a bowl. Add butter , olive oil , garlic, herbs to it and mix properly
- Now take another bowl add bread to it. Pour the mixture of oil and herbs on the bread and mix properly so that the bread are seasons nicely.
- Now take a pan add some butter to it. Now put the bread in it and roast until brown and crispy.
- Keep tossing the bread until brown and crispy.
- Take it on a plate and let it cool.
Calories: 185 calories
- Total Time: PT25M
- Serves: 5
- Date Published: 2016-07-20
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- Time of cooking is 20 minutes.
- Garlic and herbs are optional you can make simple version also.
- Now a days garlic butter with herbs is available in the market that can also be used. It makes the work easy.
- If you don’t have Olive oil only butter can also be used.
Image Credit : Wisegeek