Looking some simple and easy to make sweet snack dish? This sweet milk Poha recipe is a very simple and easy to make sweet dish. This dish is prepared from soft Poha, fresh milk, grated Jaggery, ripe banana and grated coconut. It’s highly delicious and extremely light on the stomach. It can also be served for dessert. This is one such recipe which can be enjoyed both by adults and kids.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It is among those sweet snack dish recipes which are quick to make. All the ingredients used are healthy which makes this snack full of nutrients. This quick fix recipe comes to rescue when your kids are hungry and you are looking to make something healthy. It can also be made for a quick evening snack. This is an absolute no cook version of making the sweet Poha at home.
- The total time required for the Sweet Milk Poha Recipe is 5 minutes
- The measured proportion of ingredients makes one small bowl of sweet Poha which can serve 1 person. You can double or triple the recipe.
- No need to boil the milk. Just warm it a bit.
- The proportion of the milk can be varied.
- If you do not have grated Jaggery, you can use Jaggery powder.
- Also, if you have palm Jaggery, then use that instead of sugarcane Jaggery.
- If you are using the whole Jaggery, then it is recommended to use it after melting it.
- You can also use coconut milk.
- Always use organic Jaggery as it does not contain any impurities.
- For the regular Jaggery with minor impurities, melt in a bit of water. Strain the melted Jaggery and use the Jaggery syrup.
Serve this delicious sweet snack with a glass of warm milk. It would be tummy filling combo and you would feel like a heavy meal. It is a great alternative to our regular cornflakes which you have for your breakfast. You can prepare the sweet Poha and pack it for your kid’s lunchbox or your tiffin.
Below mentioned are the few serving and the garnishing ideas to make the sweet milk Poha look more delicious.
- Add 2-3 strands of Kesar over it and serve sweet milk Poha. (buy kesar online)
- You can place a roasted almond on it.
- You can add Hershey’s chocolate syrup in it and your kids will love it.
- Add the almond and pistachio slivers leaving
- Garnish with roasted nuts or rose petals.
- You can add ginger powder and cardamom powder.
- You may roast cashew in ghee and add to this Poha.
- Even the chopped sweet raisins can also be added.
It is prepared by mixing soaked Poha in Jaggery and Milk. Though the traditional recipes use flattened rice with milk and Jaggery, you can still do some variation and prepare it your way. The chopped banana adds the protein value of the dish. And the grated coconut infuses its own taste and texture to the dish. The fresh coconut enhances the flavours of this dish.
The proportion of each ingredient can be varied as per your choice. The milk can be added less or more. You can even use the coconut milk or sweet almond milk. The Jaggery used can be chopped, grated or even the syrup of Jaggery can be used. The banana tastes well with the above combo. This recipe involves no grinding and no extra work. It is most common sweet snack made for festivals.
This Sweet Poha recipe or commonly known as sweet Milk Poha Recipe is prepared on Krishna Jayanthi. It is known by different names in the different region. As it is very easy to make, it is often prepared in regular days apart from festivals. It is a tasty dish which you can cherish on various Indian festivals. It needs three core elements for its preparation. Whereas the rest of the side elements add to the flavours, texture and taste of the dish. For the nutty aroma, nutty flavour and nutty crunch in your bites, season the Poha with roasted crushed nuts.