This healthy, tasty and luscious Palak mushroom curry is very easy to make. The gravy of this restaurant style Palak Mushroom Recipe can be made with any ingredients of your choice. The spinach and the mushrooms are the two main ingredients required. The rest of the side ingredients used for the Palak puree and the mushroom base curry simply enhances the taste and flavours of the dish.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The combination of tomato-onion curry with the mushrooms and the spinach makes a very interesting gravy. Every ingredient used in this dish blends well with the other ingredients. This delish dish of Spinach and Mushroom is very easy to make. You can relish it anytime when in need of a heavy meal. The core reason to cherish this recipe is because it takes less time to cook. It’s healthy and delicious at the same time.
- The total required to make the Palak Mushroom Recipe is 45 minutes. It would take 20 minutes to make the puree and do other preparation. Whereas the curry can be cooked in 25 minutes.
- The mentioned proportion of ingredients makes the curry which serves 3 to 4 people.
- You can also use packed spinach puree as well.
- Do not add too much garam masala in the curry. Homemade garam masala powder is better than packed ones.
- Adding Paneer to this will give more taste to it.
- Remove tomato’s skin if your kids do not like it.
- You can use low-fat cream. But as you know, low-fat cream might not taste as good as the normal ones.
- You can use any type of mushroom for this recipe but if you want spicier curry, then use button mushrooms.
- You can also make cashew paste with soaked cashews and water. Mix in the curry for the sweet taste and creamy texture.
- For the Jain Version of this Palak Mushroom Recipe, skip adding onions and garlic. You can use Hing instead which balances the flavours and taste of the gravy.
You can serve this Palak Mushroom with the healthy Oats Roti or normal Roti. Have the crunchy and the creamy Avocado Salad as a side accompaniment. This Spinach mushroom gravy goes well with all Indian bread and lightly flavoured Ghee Rice or less spicy Vegetable Rice.
If a steaming bowl of soup is what you love the most, then pair this curry with the warm bowl of Cream of Mushroom soup. You must also try gravy with the hot and healthy Palak Soup in winters. A great mix of spices and veggies, including healthy greens, this curry dish goes well with every soup.
Mentioned below are the few serving and garnish ideas:
- Serve it hot with steamed rice, masala rice or jeera rice.
- It also tastes well with tandoori roti or any paratha.
- Adding 1 tsp. butter when serving will enhance the taste.
- Garnish with fresh cream.
- Sprinkle the freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Drizzle the melted cheese or grate the cheese over the curry.
- You can 4 tbsp. of tomato sauce and a chickpea/corn flour for blending the spinach puree.
- The whole spices are kept in the dish, but if you want then you can remove them before serving.
- If you are not adding cashew paste, then use heavy cream.
- You may add roasted corn flour while cooking the curry.
This nutritious dish with the rich flavours, interesting taste and creamy texture is a delight to have. This has the blend of fiber-rich mushroom with the vitamin-rich spinach. The vibrant green colour spinach paste combines with the tangy red colour tomato paste. The pungent flavour onions paste is sautéed with the spicy ginger-garlic paste. The whole spices, spice powders and other Indian condiments are mixed evenly with each other which raises the spice level of the dish.
The taste of this Palak Mushroom Recipe is tongue-tickling and it is surely a treat for our taste buds. This factors like rich in protein, high in iron and low in calories make it a dieter’s delight. The spinach is among the green veggies which are commonly made in winters. It is nutrients and protein packed. The original taste of spinach is boring and a bit dull, but when combined with other veggies and spices, it tastes fabulous. You need to wash it properly and cook it nicely. It releases nice flavours and fragrance if blanched. Mushroom are extremely healthy as well and a powerhouse of protein.
For this recipe, mushrooms are cooked with spinach puree and other basic condiments. The gravy is prepared from the spinach, mushroom, onions and tomatoes, but you can add any other vegetable. The addition of cream or cashew nut paste gives the smooth and creamy texture to the curry. You can do the variation with the original recipe. You may skip to blanch the spinach and add it raw to make a puree. To give the creaminess, you can skip adding cream and use the chickpea flour paste. Make it your way and enjoy health with taste.