The delicious Aloo Tikki Chole is the popular street food of India. Both the Chole and Aloo Tikki are the most common and mouth-watering snacks. This Spicy and tangy snack is one type of Chaat dish. This tasty snack dish is flavourful and tummy-filling as well. This lip-smacking North Indian Chaat recipe is loved by everyone. Though the enjoyment to eat this dish is at roadside stalls, but its preparation at home in quite hygienic. The Aloo Tikki Chole Recipe is a simple snack to try at home.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The aromatic fragrance of chole and chutney is highly tempting. The pungent smell of onions is irresistible. The combination of potato Pattie with the chole curry makes it an all-time favourite snack. Aloo Tikki are usually the spiced potato patties but you can stuff it with any other filling. Whereas the chole is spicy and hot north Indian chickpea curry. The blend of this duo with chutney, yogurt and Sev is delicious.
You can feel complex flavours with different textures in one dish. The crispy thin Sev, refreshing chutneys, soft Tikki, spicy chole and crunchy onions is what makes it a mouth-melting snack. You can make your own version of spicy chole and fried Aloo Tikki.
- Do not over-fry the tikkis, take just light fry them.
- You can skip using green peas.
- Use kitchen towels to remove excess oil from the Aloo-tikkis.
- If you do not have leftover chole, you can make chole at home.
- You can also make Tamarind-date chutney and green pudina chutney at home.
- If you do not know to make curd, check the recipe here.
- You can also bake the Aloo Tikkis in this recipe to make them healthy.
- To make the Tikki more nutritious, you can add chopped sweet potatoes.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- You can sprinkle Chaat masala when the dish is ready.
- Serve it as morning breakfast or tea time snack.
Get Recipes in your inbox