The seraphic mixture of milk and sugar makes India’s classic sweet dish – Barfi, commonly known as Khoya Barfi. It is one of the most loved sweet that is made in every house, especially on festivals and occasions.This simple and easy Barfi Recipe will interest anyone who is willing to prepare dessert for a pleasurable party.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The divine saccharine taste of Barfi is a treat for taste buds. The flavors of cardamom enriches the taste of this delicious dessert delicacy. And the garnishing of pistachios and saffron strands makes it extremely attractive.
Barfi Recipe Ingredients:
- Cream – ½ cup
- Milk – 4 cups
- Milk Powder – 2 tbsp.
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp.
- Pistachios – ½ cup (sliced)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Lime Juice – 3 tbsp.
- Sugar – 5 tbsp.
Note: You can use patanjali’s cow ghee.
Barfi Recipe Steps:
- Boil the Milk.
- Make the Cream.
- Chop the Pistachios in fine pieces.
Note:If you already have the dough prepare in your home, then warm it before using it. It is advisable to buy cream from grocery stores.
- Take the heavy bottom pan and heat the milk over high flame. Squeeze the lemons or add the lime juice and stir the milk continually for 5 minutes.
- Curd will form slowly when the milk is heated at high temperature. It forms when the milk fat separates from the whey. When the milk is boiled, drain the whey and filter the pure milk with help of strainer.
- The formed curd should be wrapped in the cloth and rinsed before using. Rinse and squeeze well the muslin cloth which wraps the curd.
- Add oil in the frying pan and heat it over the high flame. Melt the butter. Add milk powder and mix well. After stirring well add the curd. Cook the mixture on a high flame till it forms a soft dough. Keep stirring for 12 minutes at intervals to form proper “Khoya”.
- When the dough, i.e. khoya is prepared, turn off the flame and let the mixture rest in the pan till it cools. Once it is cooled, transfer it to the large mixing bowl and let it rest till it take the room temperature.
- To this bowl, add cardamom powder and sugar. Knead the dough with soft hands to blend the ingredients with dough.
- Take the rectangular or square-shaped plates, apply oil or grease it gently and insert the Barfi mixture. Cut the small cubes of Barfi, each of equal size.
And the sweet Barfi are ready to enjoy
Note: For draining the milk, you can use either muslin or cheese cloth. Washing the curd is to drain off its sour taste. Mix sugar only when the dough is warm otherwise the Barfi will remain soft.
Calories: 125 calories
- Total Time: PT25M
- Serves: 6
- Date Published: 2016-08-03
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The popularity of this dish has involved its flavored variations, each to be cherished on various special occasions. Prepare and serve your guests with a treat of delightful dessert dish. Have fun in eating Barfi and enjoy your favorite festivals.
You May Also Like :
- The Barfi Recipe gets prepared quickly in half hour or less.
- You can increase the quantity of lime juice if you have stirred continuously and the dough has become hard.
- If the dough is too soft that expected, try mixing crushed almonds.
To the garnish the sweet dish, you may sprinkle small pieces of pistachios and other nuts over each piece of Barfi. Serve the plate of sweet Barfi’s with
Image Credit : Mapsofindia