Straight from the kitchen chronicles, comes the Coconut Barfi Recipe to celebrate the carnival of festivals. For those who adore sweets, this recipe is not less than a feast. The coconut Barfi is a sibling of traditional Barfi with an extra zest of coconuts. Yet, the basic ingredients like milk and sugar are required in its preparation. The Classic combination of coconuts with the sugared milk is creditable.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The splendid aroma of coconut Barfi settles your instant urge for a sweet dish. Smells triggers the old memories and life is all about creating memories. The wonderful whiff of fresh coconuts soaked in milk leaves a strong impression on the mind which will last for years.
The soft and creamy texture of the fresh coconut Barfi is like a milky bar. It quickly melts in your mouth as soon as you have it. The color of the Barfi is customizable and depends on the ingredients use. The white or cram color Barfi becomes pink if you add rose water, and can be turned orange if you add saffron strands. You can use food color essence too.
It’s a common notion, that making sweets at home is a tedious task. Indeed, some Indian sweet recipes do take time, whereas others such as coconut Barfi are quick to prepare with few ingredients on its list. The time reduces when you already have coconut grated and all that is left is to cook with milk.
- The Coconut Barfi Recipe requires no specific pre-preparation. It takes 1.5 hours to cook.
- If you have time, then grate the coconuts, instead of using it dry.
- It remains edible for a week if stored in refrigerated at a particular temperature.
- If your Barfi becomes too dry, then sprinkle warm milk.
- Reduce the flame if you think the mixture has become furious.
- Grate the coconut in such a manner that you shred only the white inner portion discarding the brown layer.
Serve the plate of sweet coconut Barfi, with the combination of beverage and snack. To the garnish the sweet dish, you may sprinkle small pieces of pistachios and other nuts over each piece of Coconut Barfi. Garnish the plate with:
- Saffron Strands
- Dry Fruits
- Chocolate Syrup