Handvo is a traditional Gujarati savoury cake made up of mixed dal and bottle gaurd. Handvo is tasty as well as healthy. The dals provide protein and bottle gaurd provide vitamin. The choice of vegetables depends on you instead of bottle gaurd , methi, cabbage, carrot, onion etc can also be use.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
You May Also Like :
- Cut handvo into pieces and serve with green chutney or sauce.
- Ready made flour is also available in the market. You can use it also. Here the soaking of dals will be omitted. Directly start by fermenting.
- Only combination of ½ cup rice , ¼ cup toovar dal, ¼ cup chana dal can also be used.
- If curd is not available buttermilk can also be used. But remember both have to be sour.
- Add baking soda just before cooking the handvo.
- Methi, cabbage, carrot etc are optional veggies that can be used.
- Take care that batter does not get too thin.
- If the batter is left it can be refrigerated and used next day also.
Image Credit : Aromatic Dining