Lemon squash has become integral part of people’s weekly grocery list. But compared to grocery store prices, it costs low when prepared at home. The lemon squash recipe has no surprise in its ingredients and method of making. It is simple, just requires squeezing fresh lemons without any artificial essence or sweetener.
- Author: Karishma Shah
- Recipe Category: Drinks and Juices
- Cuisine: Refreshers
Description: The super lively lemony squash is exceptionally beneficial for the health, especially in cold weathers. You can also collect the ideas and make your customized recipe. Serve the squash and share memorable moments with friends and family.
Lemon Squash Recipe Ingredients:
- Lemon – 5 lemons
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
Note: Use all the un-waxed lemons. Also, prefer granulated sugar over the sugar cubes. You can use 1 cup lemon juice.
Lemon Squash Recipe Steps:
- Grate the lemon zest: Wash the lemon with the fresh tap water. Wipe them dry carefully. On a cutting board, grate the yellow portion of the lemon skin. Peel them into the fine ribbon shape.
- Take a saucepan and the pared rind with sugar and water. Simmer till its boiling point. It should turn transparent after 5 minutes. Allow it to cool for some time.
Transfer it into the bowl from the pan and leave it to settle.
Note: Use grater for the accurate results.
- With knife, slice the lemons into two equal halves. Squeeze the large lemon and pour the juice into the jug.
- Mix the above lemon mixture you prepared with the lemon juice in the jug. Mix the juice with sugar syrup properly.
- Strain the mixture and transfer in to the big jug.
- Keep the jug into the refrigerator for cooling.
- After some-time check if it is cooled and settled properly.
- Dilute the ingredients with spoon so that they get acquainted.
- Lemonade: Mix the lemon mixture with the chilled water and pinch of salt.
It is “Ready to Go” drink. Serve it warm or chilled.
Note: Use lemon squeezer to get more juice. Take care that you discard the seeds when squeezing.
Calories: 32 calories
- Total Time: PT15M
- Serves: 10
- Date Published: 2016-08-14
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Learning the recipe of lemon squash is far better than buying the lemon squash bottle. The sugar level in the recipe can be adjusted from high to low. The more or less sugar depends on the sweetness preferred by you. You can make once and it lasts for days.
There is no absolutely no strain in slicing the lemons into jug and mixing with water and sweetener. The enchanting flavors of lemon extracts all day exhaustion. It is the lovely and light refreshing drink loved by all age group in all seasons.
You May Also Like :
- The lemon squash recipe is simple to make within minutes.
- Lemons are great source of vitamin C.
- Measure the proportion of ingredients to dwell more squash.
- You may also preserve the sugar syrup in a bottle for some days and shake well before using.
- Do not squeeze the lemons till the last end, it add to the bitterness.
- Do not be haste to mix juice with the hot sugar syrup, it will ruin the squash.
- You may also mix the Ginger powder, Jal – Jeera powder or Elachi powder.
Pour the luscious lemon squash in the glass and garnish it with:
- Mint Leaves
- Lemon Rings
- Orange Slices
- Green Apple Slices
Image Credit : Vega