The Spicy Masala Pav is the famous street food of Mumbai. It is full of flavours snack is extremely spicy and very delicious. This Masala Pav Recipe is easy to make and tasty to eat. The Masala Pav is nothing but the plain Pav which is roasted and has a spicy Masala Mixture spread within it. It not only taste fantastic but also has the fabulous aroma. The Masala Pav is the most common Mumbai Roadside Recipe. This dish is available at every street stalls or even at various small food shops.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This excellent dish is among the easiest snack which one can prepare at home in minutes. This is an amazing recipe of Mumbai-style Masala Pav street food which has a blend of various spices. If you already have the Pav or the Bread rolls prepared at home, then it becomes even more easy, simple and quick. The buns or Pav are usually available in the bakery shops or the grocery stores but it is better to make the Pav at home. The Indian bread is sliced, roasted and then stuffed with the mixture.
The stuffing of the Masala Pav is usually of various veggies which are tossed in spice powders. You can customize this stuffing and use any of your favourite vegetables to prepare it. You can also tweak with the taste of the masala Pav mixture and make it suitable to your taste palates. The veggies like onions, tomatoes, capsicum are sautéed in butter and crushed to prepare a filling. Then are tossed in all the homemade spice powders and other Indian which gives them heat and flavours.
If you have never made this Masala Pav at home before, you must be wondering how to make the masala Pav. But, do not worry, this popular street food from Mumbai is very easy to prepare. You can make it with comfort in your home at your favourable time and enjoy eating it with peace. This Masala Pav is an easy and instant snack but it is also tummy filling food. You can think of making it whenever you don’t want to do the heavy cooking and yet have something which sates your hunger.
- The Garam masala powder is optional. Add only if you want to.
- Always use the fresh and homemade Garam masala powder.
- You can use all colourful of bell peppers to make the masala Pav.
- You may use oil instead of butter for making masala and roasting the Pav.
- You can use a skillet or shallow frying pan for making the Pav masala.
- You can squeeze some lemon juice to make the Masala Pav tangy.
- The boiled and mashed potato mixture can also be used.
- Refrain from storing the stuffed Masala Pav in the fridge.
Once the masala Pav is roasted, remove it from the pan and transfer it to the plate. Place the roasted Masala Pav on the fancy serving plate. Keep a dollop of extra butter over the roasted Pav. Then sprinkle some onions, cilantro or coriander leaves over the masala Pav. You can also sprinkle some roasted peanuts as well. You can also add some Pomegranate Seeds and few thin or thick Sev.
You can garnish the Roasted Masala Pav with:
- Fried Onions Rings
- Plain Chopped Onions
- Lemon Wedges
- Coriander Leaves
- Grated cheese
You can savour the tasty and the spicy Masala Pav with your family and friends at any time. Serve the toasted masala Pav sprinkled with some chopped onion. Drizzle little lemon juice and garnish it with coriander leaves. Take a couple of the roasted masala buns on a serving plate. Top it with some additional chaat masala and some lemon wedges.
- Serve it with Bhaji and enjoy Hot Masala Pav and Bhaji.
- You can eat it plain as well just as it is cooked.
- Always serve the masala Pav hot and warm.
- It can be served for snack.
- It can be also made for a starter.
- It is a dish with the main course.
- Drizzle some lemon juice and serve.
- Serve masala Pav hot with tea or coffee.
- Make it for your evening snack.
- You can have it for your tasty dinner.
- You may prepare it for your weekend brunch
You can also place the lettuce leaves over the halves of the bread buns. Then you can spread the cooked masala mixture over the Pav. Fold each of the Pav halves and serve immediately. You can spread the homemade mayonnaise over each of the masala buns and make it similar to a sandwich.
- You can prepare the masala early and heat it along with Pav at the time of serving.
- Though the packets of the Pav Bhaji masala powder at available in the store, you can make the Pav Bhaji powder at home as well.
- You can roast the Pav on the tava or the griddle. You can also us kadhai or any other pan.
- You can make it spicier or less spicy according to your taste preference.
- You can squeeze the lemon from the above after the Pav is roasted or in the masala mixture.
- The Pav becomes soggy on being stored in the fridge.
- If you have some leftover Pav Bhaji, then you can add that in making of your Masala Pav.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled if you are preparing Masala Pav for a party.
This quick and easy to make masala Pav can be prepared with a variety of stuffing. You can keep the spicy tomato-onion gravy or you can even spread some mashed potato mixture within it. Whichever way you invent to prepare the Masala Pav at home, it will surely be tasty. This Masala Pav is a good way to make use of the leftover stuffings. These butter laden masala Pav is a treat for a taste buds. Any day and any time when you think to make them, you can easily assemble the ingredients and begin with the preparation.
This Maharashtra style Pav is best when prepared with bread and masala. This street side food recipe is integral dish of various parts of India. It is especially prepared at home to pair with the Pav Bhaji. Many people think that it is the plain Pav which is served with Pav Bhaji but it is the misconception. The Masala Pav is totally different and it’s prepared differently as well.
This delicious and tummy filling spicy snack tops among all the famous street foods of Mumbai. If you like to eat and prepare the tangy and tarty dishes, then you will like to learn this Masala Pav Recipe. It is a simple recipe where you make Pav and spread the mixture. The buttery Masala Pav is highly delicious and delectable dish. Once you make it, it would become your favourite and you would want to prepare it often.
This recipe of Masala Pav is very simple as it need just few handful of ingredients. Collect some veggies, have some fresh butter and prepare the Pav. The core element of this snack is the Pav Bhaji powder which infuses its taste, flavours and aroma to this dish. The Masala Pav are available at every rood side shop as well as restaurants. You can get the readymade Masala Pav or you can make it at home. This classic Mumbai street food is prepared by small food snack selling vendors as well.
The Masala Pav is nothing but the soft Pav or buns which are roasted, buttered and stuffed with spicy masala. The addition of grated cheese or the dollop of butter makes it extra delicious. This is surely a finger licking snack which you cannot get enough of. The homemade Masala Pav is far better than the street bought. It is healthier and more hygienic. Also, you can have it whenever you wish without relying over anyone. Simply get the ingredients and put everything together. You can make the masala pan in the kadhai or tava.
Mumbai’s two most common street foods, Pav Bhaji and Masala Pav are generally eaten together. These two dishes goes hand in hand. If you make one, then you are bound to prepare the other. These two snacks are also among the favourite foods of many. May it be the party or some occasion or usual dinner, people always prefer to make Pav Bhaji with bun. So, whenever you make them you can always think of making plain Pav or buns at home in advance.
The taste of this Masala Pav is also very much similar to the taste of the Pav Bhaji. It is because the veggies and spices in the ingredients are almost same for both of these dishes. For the Masala Pav as well, we are using the Pav Bhaji powder which we add in the Pav Bhaji. To make the slight variation you can use the mashed potatoes in the masala mixture for the Pav. This Restaurant style Masala Pav is made with onions, tomatoes and bell peppers. You can also use other colourful bell peppers.
Tricks to make Masala Pav Crispy:
- You use must the fresh and homemade Pav or Laadi bun for the Masala Pav Recipe. The stored Pav can turn brittle and break while you are roasting.
- After you mix the chopped tomatoes in gravy, you can add boiled and mashed potatoes. The addition of the potatoes makes your masala gravy mixture thick.
- You must fry the Masala Pav in the generous amount of homemade butter. The more use of butter will make the bun greasy and make it an unhealthy food.
Get Recipes in your inbox