Masala rice is a rice dish in which plain rice is tempered and vegetables are added to it along with spices. If you are bored of eating plain rice all the time and you want a change in your routine dal rice you can try this masala rice recipe. Masala rice is a dish which I prepare when I have left over rice at home.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Here vegetables like onion, tomato, carrot, green peas, French beans etc are added. Thus it is a combo of taste and health both. The choice and quantity of vegetables depends on your choice. This dish is a very good tiffin recipe for your child. Just you need to use fresh cooked rice instead of leftover one.
Too keep it simple and a basic daily routine dish I have not added much spices like bay leaf, cinnamon etc. The dish is even very quick to make if you have plain rice already cooked.If you have left over rice of last night and you are in a hurry you can make this dish in the breakfast next morning. So just follow the steps and make a very simple masala rice recipe.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve with :
- Plain curd
- Stir fried vegetables
- Tadka dal
- Total time of cooking is 15 minutes
- Serves 3 people
- For blanching carrot and peas boil them in water for 8-10 minutes.
- Chopped celery can also be used.
- Dry herbs can also be added.
- If refrigerated rice is used take them out of refrigerator before one hour.