The Carrot Burfi Recipe is a North Indian dessert delicacy made from calorific carrots. When carrots are in the season, rush to the market and pick the juicy carrots. The eye-catching tray of orange colored carrot Burfi tantalizes the taste buds. This fantastic carrot Burfi dessert is fabulous in taste and fantasying in looks. The organic Burfi are hearty if eaten in measured amount. One piece of the carrot Barfi is heavy and fills the tummy. The sugar content is high in this Burfi, so be cautious before eating too many pieces. The key to healthy eating is the satisfied eating.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The carrot fudge has a combination of carrots and milk powder. The smooth and soft Burfi burst saccharine flavors in the mouth. The sprinkle of dry fruits is like a cherry on the cake. This is one of the best sweet dishes to serve during the festive occasions. The traditional way is to make it with the grated carrots and the milk powder but you can modify its taste and flavors. You can any other ingredient of your preference in this Burfi and make it your customized version of carrot Burfi recipe.
It is easy to make at home with the availability of few basic ingredients. The basic requirement is the fresh and juicy carrots along with the milk powder and other flavoring agents. This rich texture of carrot sweet is due to the presence of milk powder, khoya or condensed milk. Whereas the bright red color is infused from the carrots or due to the addition of food color.
It is easy to make at home with the availability of few basic ingredients. The basic requirement is the fresh and juicy carrots along with the milk powder and other flavoring agents. This rich texture of carrot sweet is due to the presence of milk powder, khoya or condensed milk. Whereas the bright red color is infused from the carrots or due to the addition of food color. Though the recipe is quite simple and easy, the trick is to get the right texture of the Barfi. You have to make the Barfi soft from outside and dense from inside. All the goodness of the carrots is taken and mixed in this extremely delicious Burfi.
- The use of dry fruits in the making of Carrot Burfi Recipe is optional. You can include other dry fruits apart from mentioned or you may skip adding any.
- To prepare Gajar ki Barfi, you need to spare minimum 45 minutes. It may take less or more depending on cook time.
- The making of carrot Barfi is similar to preparing carrot Halwa at home. The only thing differs it the cooking time which the Barfi requires more.
- The proportion of the ingredients mentioned in the Carrot Burfi Recipe serves 2-3 people. You may vary the amount to serve the double or a triple number of people.
- Refrain from using milk, condensed milk or khoya if you are using milk powder. Yet, if you want you to add some milk but it would take a longer time to cook.
- If you are carrots are juicy and fresh, it would be really easy to mix the milk powder because of the water content in the carrots.
- If you are using condensed milk then add the normal milk based on whether your condensed milk is sweetened or unsweetened milk.
- You can make this carrot Burfi, store it in the air tight container and keep it in the fridge. It stays edible for 3 to 4 days.
Slice the Carrot Barfi and serve in a decorative dessert plate. You may garnish the plate with:
- Chopped Dry Fruits
- Saffron Strands (click here to buy)
- Grated Coconut
- If you find it difficult to mix the milk powder then you can take the ¼ glass of milk, add the powder in it and then pour in the carrot Burfi.
- Do not add water while you are sautéing the carrots as they have their own moisture.
- If you want to make it for a little baby, then use the baby milk powder.
- You may use heavy cream if you are using the milk to make the carrot Burfi.
- To give the dark red color, you can add a pinch of Red Food Color.
The Carrot Burfi Recipe is short, sweet, simple and quick to prepare. The extra time goes only in grating carrots otherwise the mixture for the Burfi gets prepared instantly. It requires only 3 side ingredients along with carrots which are the core ingredients. All the elements which are used in this recipe are easily available.
Carrot Halwa is the popular sweet dish amongst the various other delicious food dishes which are made from a carrot. There are many ways by which you can make Gajar Ka Halwa at home having the similar taste as the sweet shop. The traditional method is to make it with the milk in which you have to slow cook the mixture. This is a bit time taking and requires a lot of attention. The quick way is to use the condensed milk instead of normal milk in which your Halwa does not milk much of time. For all the vegan folks, you make the carrot Halwa with the almond milk which is also easy and quick to make. But if you are in hurry or have to make the Gajar Halwa immediately then I suggest you go making the Halwa in the microwave.
Whenever you think of one vegetable or food which is ultimate, then I am sure the name of carrot will pop up first. They are good for the people of every age and have numerous health benefits. As carrot is extremely rich in antioxidant, it helps to reduce the effect of cancer and prevents the cardio related risks. It increases the vision of our eyes, regulates the blood sugar, and strengthens the immune power, delays body, and skin aging. It’s always good to have a nutritious and healthy carrot recipe in your meal stock for busy evenings or nights. It’s always simple and easy to make the carrots dishes.
For all the carrot lovers, you can have the carrot in the form of sweet, soup, salad or snack. Carrot is most used vegetable in various mixed veg sabzi, veg biryani, veg stuffing of sandwiches and samosas. On the sunny afternoons, a chilled carrot juice is all you need to instantly refresh yourself from the scorching heat. In the world where everyone is becoming health conscious, introduce yourself with the delicious and healthy carrot cake in breakfast. For those who prefer to eat spicy, tweak with the juicy carrots and give them a pickling twist with the carrot pickle. Whether you like the creamy carrots in sweet, or the crunchy fried carrots in a savory, or the caramelized carrots in dessert, there is one creative carrot dish for everyone. You can cook the carrots, and make the restaurant style Aloo Gajar Matar Punjabi sabzi or you can try to include them in the stuffing of carrot paratha. No matter how you want to eat them, you simply like the flavors of carrot’s infused the dish.
You can make this sweet Gajar ki Burfi on special occasions or festivals. There is no particular season for carrots, so you can make this dish any day to have dessert after your meal or enjoy it along with your meal.