Rice is a staple food of in many parts of India. There are numerous dishes prepared from rice. The addition of various spices and other ingredients increases the richness and palatability of the dish. Every part of India has its own version of rice dish. Even rice is a versatile ingredient can be combined with any other ingredient.
- Author: Chandni Agrawal
- Recipe Category: Rice Dish
- Cuisine: Indian
Description: The paneer pulao recipe is easy to prepare at home with availability of cottage cheese, rice and Indian condiments. It is healthy and yummy to have!
Ingredients for Paneer Pulao Recipe:
- Basmati rice – 1½ cup
- Water -2½ cup
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Chopped carrot – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil/ ghee as required
- Onion – 1 ( large size )
- Bay Leaf – 1 piece
- Star anise – 1 piece
- Jeera/ cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Green cardamom/ elaichi – 3 pieces
- Cloves/ Laung – 6 pieces
- Strand of mace – 1
- Cinnamon stick/ dalchini – 1 inch
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Chopped mint leaves – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
For Paneer Marination:
- Paneer cubes – 1½ cup
- Oil/ ghee/ butter – 1½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – ¾ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Gram flour/ besan – 1 heaped tsp
- Kasuri methi – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder/ Haldi – a pinch of
Method for Paneer Pulao Recipe:
- Rinse the paneer cubes so that they be some moist. Drain the water completely.
- Now take a bowl add all the ingredients for marination. Add 1½ tsp oil. Mix everything well.
- Add paneer cubes in the spices mixture. Mix everything properly so the spices mixture coats the paneer cubes. Keep it aside.
- Take oil or ghee in a pan. Add bay leaf, star anise, jeera, green cardamom, cloves, mace, cinnamon stick.
- When they begin to splutter, add sliced onions and green chili. Fry until golden brown.
- Now add Ginger garlic paste and fry until raw smell leaves.
- Now add chopped carrot and peas. Fry for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. Fry for few seconds.
- Now add 2½ cup water. Add salt to taste.
- Now take a bowl and rinse rice in it.
- When the water in the pan comes to a boil add the rinsed rice in it.
- Cook until the rice is completely cooked.
- Now till the time the rice is cooking take another pan.
- When it gets hot add the marinated paneer.
- Fry until the paneer smells good. Do not overcook the paneer otherwise, it will become hard.
- Take out in a pan.
- When the rice gets cooked let it cool for few minutes then add fried marinated paneer cubes in it. Mix the rice and paneer slowly.
- Paneer pulao is ready to eat.
Note: Do not add oil in the pan for frying the marinated paneer because we have already added oil in the marination.
Calories: 150 calories
- Total Time: PT30M
- Serves: 2
- Date Published: 2016-09-12
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Here also a combination of rice and paneer is made. Along with paneer other veggies and spices are also added. This dish is one of the best rice dishes. This is easy to prepare and also healthy.
Paneer is bland and even rice are bland so make it tastier and spicy pulao I have added Ginger garlic paste, green chili, mint Leaves. Even the paneer is marinated in spices and then fried so that the bland paneer becomes tasteful.
Paneer pulao can be served with a raita of your Choice and any Indian curry. Serve the pulao hot and garnish with mint leaves. It can also be served with dal fry. I also serve some pickle and papad with this pulao.
- Serve hot and garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve with raita or salad or even with dal fry.
- Total time of cooking is 30 minutes.
- Serves 2 people
- If you want to make it in a pressure cooker than the process is same just instead of a pan use a pressure cooker and when the water is almost evaporated cover the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame. Switch off the stove before it whistles.
- If you like mushy pulao than take one whistle.
Image Credit : Kohinoorindia