Jeera Rice Recipe is the flavoured version of the plain steamed rice. In it’s the rice is cooked and flavoured with sautéed Jeera or cumin seeds. The addition of Jeera enhances the taste of the rice dish. This rice can be prepared in a versatile manner. The method of cooking food is microwave is very good. The microwave recipes are easy and done in minutes. It is easy and quick to cook food in the microwave. The Jeera Rice Recipe in Microwave is both tasty and healthy.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
It is one the easiest technique when you are looking to make flavoured rice in short time. In this recipe, the basmati rice is cooked and tempered with cumin seeds in a microwave. It is a mild flavoured rice but you can make it spicy and tasty as per your choice. Easy to make, and Enjoyable!
The Restaurant style Cumin Rice or the Jeera Rice is very easy, simple and quick to prepare at home. We all know how easy it is to try this rice dish. It is made with minimal ingredients where rice and cumin are the core elements. The rest of the whole spices used are cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. The traditional way is to cook rice in the pressure cooker and season it with the spice tempering.
Making Jeera rice on the pan or the pressure cooker is not rocket science. We are aware of the fact that the rice can also be made in the microwave oven. But do we know that it is prepared in a more fast way than the traditional methods? The Jeera rice can be cooked faster and flavored better with this microwave recipe. You might be little hesitant to experiment the making of Jeera Rice in a new manner, but this will surely be hit! It is safe to try making Jeera Rice in the microwave if you make it regularly on the stove.
- Use microwave friendly utensils when working with microwave.
- You can buy microwave cooker online (click here to check prices)
- You can adjust the proportion of spices according to your taste.
- You can skip cardamom if you do not like the taste of cardamoms (Elaichi)
- The cooking time for Jeera Rice would vary based on the individual microwave. They have different voltage, hence there might be a slight change in total time of cooking.
- Also, there can be the difference in cooking time based on the type of the basmati rice you are using.
- This Shahjeera (Caraway seeds) can be used for making any other flavored rice, spicy pulao or biryanis. It has some sort of sweet flavor as compared to cumin seeds.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Topped with some warm ghee.
- Place mint leaves over the rice and serve it.
- You can eat Jeera rice with hot and spicy dal Makhani.
- It accompanied with almost any hot and warm Dal.
- I personally love it with paneer butter masala’s gravy.
- It goes well with many north Indian dishes.
- You can pair it with the any Raita or any Chutney.
- Prepare this as part of a party menu instead of plain rice.
- Serve with any sabzi, curry or gravy based side dish.
- It can be eaten with the delicious Coconut Kadhi.
- Jeera rice with plain curds or sweetened Curd.
- It goes really well with spicy, sweet or tangy pickles.
You can even eat Jeera rice with any paneer sabzi like:
- You add few drops of lemon while cooking rice. It helps to keep rice grains separated and also retains the white color of rice.
- While cooking rice in the microwave, you must keep checking the ingredients. Nothing should be overcooked or burnt. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- It is very crucial to let the rice cool after has been cooked. You must allow it to rest for 2 to 3 before serving.
- If you are adding onions in your Jeera rice, then melt the ghee in the microwave. Then add the onions and microwave in the melted ghee till 3 minutes. Then add the other spices and cook. Once the spices are cooked and tempering is done, mix the rice with water.
- You can also make the paste of this fried onions and then add it to the soaked rice.
- These fried onions can be stored and microwaved later.
- Because we have used Caraway seeds, the rice would not be much brown in color.
- The caraway seeds make the rice little less creamy as well.
- To make rice brown and creamish, use the usual cumin seeds.
This Jeera Rice Recipe in the microwave is an instant way to prepare the steamed flavored rice. It also tastes delicious and amazing. If you do not know how to make the rice in the microwave, then you can learn this method and use it with any other rice. The microwave prepared cumin rice will be all good and taste no different than the original pan made. There would not be any variation in taste and texture of the dish.
This aromatic Rice is unbeatable. The Cumin seeds provide a strong taste and flavor to this dish. The main flavour of this rice dish is due to the roasted Jeera. This flavour and taste of cumin remain unchanged in this microwave recipe. The microwave method quick and simple way of making this flavoured and aromatic Chawal. You have to soak the rice, and mix it with roasted cumin to cook this easy Indian recipe.
Even in the microwave, the flavour of the roasted cumin would not be changed. But yes, you have to roast the cumin before using them to get the real fragrance and flavour. This rice preparation in the microwave is healthy because the rice would not use more butter. Therefore, this microwave method of preparing Jeera Rice recipe helps in cutting down the use of butter or ghee for making rice.
For the Jeera Rice Recipe in the microwave, we have used the caraway seeds instead of Cumin. They add lovely sweet flavour to the rice. Even they infuse strong and attractive fragrance to the rice. If you want, you can add chopped coriander leaves while making this rice. It would impart refreshing to taste the rice dish.
Also, the addition of coriander gives the green colour which is delightful for the eyes. You may add the fried onions as well. The proper garnishing can turn your plate of plain simple rice into a very interesting delish. Try this Jeera rice recipe in the microwave when want to eat rice in the healthy form.
How to make the brown colored creamy Jeera Rice?
The colour of the rice is dependent on the spice used. It is also highly varied with how you are cooking the ingredient. If you are using the cumin seeds, your rice would be brown and creamy. Whereas with the Shahjeera it would be little brown and not much creamy.