This is an easy to make Raita dish with grated carrots. If the carrot is your favourite ingredient, then you will love this Raita. This lovely and colourful Carrot Raita is a treat to have. The Carrot Raita Recipe is easy to follow and quick to make. It is very simple to make the Gajar Raita at home with the only handful of ingredients. The Carrot Raita Recipe is made from Curd, Carrots and Condiments.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
The core elements of this dish are finely grated carrots. The fresh Yogurt along with the common spice powders enhance the taste of Raita. This is a curd based dish which is cool and spicy at the same time. The Carrot Raita Recipe is one of the simplest Raita Recipes which you can try at home.
This subtle flavoured Carrot Raita can be eaten with any of your meal. It makes a great combination and has a commendable taste. It pairs perfectly well with any spicy dish. This delicious and delectable dish of Gajar Raita is healthy to have. It is recommended to include carrot in your diet. It is more beneficial to have raw carrots. The grated carrot adds crunch, colour and sweet flavour to the Raita.
Similar to any other Raita Recipes, you can customize this Carrot Raita Recipe. Make it more interesting, flavourful, colourful and healthful with the addition of various veggies. This makes Gajar Raita a bit more tasty, crunchy and filling. This dish can be made in no time and needs no cooking.
- You can skip the tempering process if you do not want it.
- You can skip green chillies and add red chilli powder.
- You can add more / less grated carrot in the carrot Raita as per your taste.
- Refrain from grinding the carrots.
- You can also add 1 small finely chopped onion for pungent taste and crunch.
- The readymade Garam masala powder packet is available in store.
- Adding homemade Garam masala powder will enhance the taste. You can even skip it.
- You may add 1 tsp. Lemon juice to balance sweetness and sourness.
- Top the Carrot Raita with crushed peanuts for some extra crunch, texture, and nutty aroma.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves over the Raita and serve it.
- You can add Chaat masala in the curd and mix it nicely.
- Sprinkle with extra chopped carrots and serve.
- Add some pomegranate seeds for the colour and crunch.
- You may eat directly without any accompaniment.
- You can pair Raita with any of your complete meal.
- Serve carrot Raita as side dish with any pulao, biryani or rice
- You have Carrot Raita as a dip with various types of parathas.
- You can also have this as dipping or spread for rolls and wraps.
The Indian food is blend of various spices, flavours and tastes. There is a difference in cooking style and change in ingredients from region to region. The taste and flavour of one dish can vary in many forms. The food can be spicy, mild, sweet, sour or tangy. It is very important to have a dish which balances the taste and overall spice of your complete diet.
In a similar way, to balance the spices of the Punjabi curries, this Curd based Raita is invented. This chilled Yogurt dish can be made with almost any ingredient. It is popular not only in Indian but everywhere else too. The basic Raita dish is just the combination of whisked curd with fresh vegetable or fresh fruit. The Indian spices or condiments are added to perk up the taste of Raita.