The delicious, colorful and crunchy Papdi Chaat is a popular street food snack which is also available even in top notch Indian restaurants. The Papdi Chaat Recipe is single dish recipe with a variety of flavors and tastes. It’s a genuine combination of sweet, spicy and tangy zest will definitely hook u up for the next bite. Make it for a big party or a small get-together, it surely would be a success! The yummy Papdi Chaat will impress your guest and family members instantly as they take the first bite.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
This dish which is a composite of various flavors creates an admirable colorful plate. It has strong crispness and crunchiness of Papdi along with the creaminess of curd. The tangy lime juice is an add-on to the sweet and spicy seasonings. The topping of chickpeas makes it healthy, whereas the pomegranate seeds add the taste. The use of mashed potatoes and the fried sautéed onions gives the Chaat traditional touch.
It is a wonderful recipe which can be made flexible according to taste palate of the individual. For example, if you want spicy Chaat, then increase red chili powder with the topping of spicy chutney and add more green chilies. In the case you prefer sweet Chaat, then use more topping of tamarind chutney and less of spicy condiments. But if you are suitable for everything and prefer the mild taste, then use all ingredients in the limited proportion.
It is an easy to make Chaat dish with the constraint that you have all the chutneys (dips) made in prior. If not then it will take extra time to prepare the chutney at home. You may check out how to make coriander chutney at home. The preparation of mint chutney is similar to previous with the addition of mint leaves. Also, it is simple and easy to make tamarind chutney. Thus though it may sound a bit time consuming, but it not at all difficult to assemble.
- The Papdi Chaat Recipe requires hardly 5 minutes to assemble the mixture over Papdi but the preparation takes 50 minutes.
- The measured proportion of the ingredients in this recipe approximately serves 4 people, but you can increase if you want to make for more people.
- You can also be flexible with the quantities of chilies or spice powders to adjust to your taste. It is perfectly fine even if you skip using the green chilies.
- If you are keeping the chat in the fridge, then season with the other ingredients only before you serve the Chaat.
- You may try to customize the recipe and substitute potatoes with either sweet potatoes or yam.
Serve the crunchy Papdi Chaat in shallow serving bowls. Garnish it the colorful Chaat with:
- Crushed Papdi
- Chopped Coriander
- Corn chips
- Thin Sev
Image Credit : Manusmenu