Exploring some healthy food options which are quick to make? For an instance, try considering the evergreen “Peas” to be the main element of your dish. Generally, it is a common habit of home cooks to store some extra peas in the refrigerator. They are usually used as side ingredient in many of the Indian dishes but they alone also play a vital part to prepare a dish. And one such Indian veg dish from fresh Green Peas is the delicious wheat flour flat bread called as Paratha with a filling of peas. The Peas Paratha Recipe is quite simple to make and its handy preparation makes it perfect to try for an amateur cook.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
Apart from the starchy texture and sweet taste, peas are a ragbag of health-protective and shielding nutrients. There are plenty health benefits of including peas in our diet. Their daily intake can improve the health, maintain the body, and strengthen the bones. They provide us with the antioxidant ailment and gives an anti-inflammatory advantage. The environment-friendly green peas are extremely low fat and thus holds a unique value as a food. This variety of paratha from fresh peas has a wheat layer with a peas-masala mixture in the stuffing. Also, the green colored paratha have a fascinating color and texture.
Treasure the simple and elegant flavors of sweet pea in the Peas Paratha Recipe without much of overdo and superiority of spices or condiments. The taste of peas alone is best but it enhances with the sprinkle of other spice powders. The recipe needs fresh pea as a core ingredient along with other common ingredients. The method is also easy, prepare the mixture, knead the dough, roll the paratha, fill the filling in middle and flatten the paratha. Finally, you can either roast it on tava or shallow fry it in a pan. The plain pea paratha with the combination of pickle is a treat for taste buds. The acoustic aroma and the strong fragrance is tempting.
You don’t need to be a professional cook for making this stuffed pea paratha, simply follow the detailed instruction and give an attempt to try at home. The combination of mashed peas with the other spice powders stuffed in a wheat flour bread is both healthy and tasty. The recipe can be made with the handful of spices and minimal efforts. The stuffed paratha with peas can be made mild, spicy or plain flavored depending on the taste suitable to your palates. Make it for the family and fill their tummy with their favorite pea’s. It is an appropriate option in winters when peas are available and you desire warm food.
- The Peas Paratha Recipe takes nearly 30 minutes to cook and requires 15 to 20 minutes of pre-preparation.
- The proportion of ingredients used in the Peas Paratha Recipe serves nearly 3 to 4 people. You may increase the gauge of wheat flour, peas, and other spice powders if you want to serve more people.
- If you don’t have enough green chilies, then you can use red chili powder while grinding. Also, if you prefer to have it mild, then you may use less green chilies or skip using them.
- Mix salt and ghee in a bowl and make a paste of it. Then use it to spread over the Paratha it will add more taste to it.
- If you are Garlic lover, then you can add garlic to the ground mixture too.
- The Jain version of the Pea Paratha can be made by skipping the addition of onions, ginger, and garlic. You can use a pinch of Hing for the replacement of their flavors in the onion-garlic free recipe. If you wish, you may mix the roasted gram flour in the pea filling.
- If you are willing to store the paratha, then you can roll the dough, fill the mixture and cook the paratha partially and then freeze. Now whenever you want to have it, thaw at normal temperature, cook or roast the paratha again for some time then serve it hot with a bit of ghee applied.
- You can either make these Paratha’s in winter as Peas are available in the market during that season or throughout the year by keeping the frozen peas.
- Kids will love these parathas with Tomato Ketchup. Check out how to make Tomato Ketchup at home.
- You can also try to have it combination with Tomato Curry or Various Salsas.
Apply the piece of melting butter or ghee over the hot paratha. Serve this warm Peas Paratha with the combination of Punjabi subzi like Matar Paneer, Pea Biryani or Rice, and Pea Raita along with spicy pickle to make it a complete dish.
You may garnish the Paratha with:
- Coriander Leaves
- Grated Cheese
- Onion Rings
- The paratha’s taste extremely delicious when served with any appetizing soup.
- It is best when combined with Raitas (curds) and paired with pickles or any type of chutney.
- While you roast the paratha, sprinkle some “oregano powder” or “pizza-mix powder”, it would give the paratha a different flavor and taste.
You can choose Peas Paratha as a healthy option for your morning breakfast with any juice or for your evening snack with hot tea.
The pea’s paratha is one such dish which can sate your hunger at any time of the day. It can be served as both main course and snack. Also, the use of less masala powder will keep the acidity level low. So, as we know that having the peas regularly with proper proportionate diet can balance the weight and aid in its management, prevents the aging of skin and intercepts the wrinkles, regulates the flow of blood in the body, and also reduces the amount of bad cholesterol. So for the folks who are looking for other recipes from peas can try:
Dessert: Peas Pancakes, Green Pea Waffles
Rice: Green Pea Khichdi, Peas Pulao, Pea Biryani, Plain Pea Rice
Starter: Hara Bhara Kabab, Pea Bruschetta, Pea Fritters
Subzi: Matar Paneer, Aloo Matar, Matar Korma, Gobi Matar, Peas Veg Gravy Subzi, Methi Matar Malai, Gajar Matar Aloo
Snack: Matar Cutlet, Matar Chaat, Carrot and Peas Sandwich, Paneer and Peas Wrap, Peas Samosa, Matar Ki Kachori, Mushroom Matar, Matar Pakora
Soup: Green Peas Soup, Beans, and Peas Soup
Salad: Green Peas Salad, Pea and Pasta Salad, Pea Lettuce Salad, Pea and Cucumber Salad
Also there other dishes like Matar Dal, Green Pea Chutney, and Matar Raita.