With just the name “Dahi Vada”, many of us get water in mouth. It is the delicious and chatpata snack from Indian Cuisine. But not all can enjoy it because it is highly calorific. This Baked Dahi Vada Recipe is the healthier version of the regular fried Dahi Vada. It is the healthy yet tasty dish. The curd mixture and two chutneys can be prepared in advance.
Get Daily Dose of Delicious Recipes… Subscribe Now!
All the different fried snacks can be either baked or steamed. They would not be as flavourful as deep fried but would surely be hearty. Originally, the Dahi Vada is the lentil based fried fritters which are drizzled with Curd and topped with Chutney. These are the small savory balls which based on soaked lentils and spices.
The baked method of preparing Dahi Vada is good for health conscious people. It cuts down on the fat and also reduces the cooking time. The microwave method is easy, quick and simple to follow. Learn to make Dahi Vada in the microwave and enjoy the low-calorie food.
- Do not add excess water when grinding otherwise you cannot make patties of it.
- Also, when you place it on the tray, it will break if there is too much water.
- When placing the Vada patties on the tray, keep some distance between them.
- The packet of Chaat masala is available in the market.
- But, you can use fresh homemade Chaat masala powder.
Serving & Garnishing:
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves over it.
- You can even sprinkle Maggie magic masala over it.
- You can even sprinkle few Sev over the Dahi Vada.
- Place a mint leaf on the Dahi Vada dish and serve.
You can eat Baked Dahi Vada as much as you want to without any restriction. It is one of those few Chaat’s which is served chilled in summers. It is an absolutely delightful snack to have at any time of the day. The Vada can be crispy and crunchy, but they become soft when submerged in water. These soft baked vada’s easily melt-in-mouth in the first bite. There is no difference is taste or texture of fat-free baked Dahi Vada.
There is an immense pleasure to enjoy this delicious Vada in a healthy manner. You can retain the original flavours of the Dahi Vada with the drizzle of two most common chutney’s. The combination of sweet and tangy chutney just will simply increase your appetite for the day. The warm Vada can be eaten plain and served as a great starter. The Dahi Vada can be served act as a cold appetizer.
Get Recipes in your inbox